Lexus 5.0L Daytona Prototype Engine Dyno pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Here are a couple pics of some endurance dyno testing of the Lexus motorsports 5.0L engine:

HP: 500 (regulated by Grand Am)
Bore: 3.702"
Stroke: 3.5"
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Max rpm: 7000
Cam Lift : .478"
Cam Duration: 260 degrees

Lexus_5_0L_23.jpg

Lexus_5_0L_31.jpg

i bet i could get the exhaust manifold on my Sentra if i hooked its 1.6L up to a dyno like that :p

That's certainly one way of heat treating those welds!

And people wonder why cheap headers are prone to cracking......

Bah, should see a turbo after a long pull in a tall gera where thge engine is nice and loaded up...i have had mine to the state where you can see the O2 sensor inside the exhaust!! i **** you not :)

more like translucent :) Actually dunno how to explain it, could be a cooler surface just on the inside of the pipe close to the sensor? good party trick though, a few mates have seen this and universally dumbfounded

a restricted 500hp...bodes well for yours Ed, even with 'only' 4 litres

yeah, cams are similar - mine are 257 @ 50 and .410"
will also be running 11:1
rpm will go up though (as per lower stroke) say 8500 cut

so, yeah, im smiling ;)

Can we take that engine and exhaust piping camping?...We could save on fire wood and just heat the beans and roast the marsh mellows right off the exhaust pipes.......:happysad:

I've personally seen my turbo manifold (just the manifold only, not a whole section) glowing like that in the dark, but not in the daylight like the above pictures. It scared me when I first noticed it, but then I got used to it. So I think the above engine should have put out a huge amount of power that produces too much heat. It's not in the case of the turbo engine because the turbo creates hotter combustion, more restrictive exhaust flow, thus increases the heat. It's not necessarily a turbo engine will give out the same amount of power as the bigger engine while both exhaust systems glow.