Lexus 5.0L Daytona Prototype Engine Dyno pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OEM-looking intake manifold mounted backwards...very interesting

I haven't thought about this old post (in fact had forgotten) but yes, that certainly does look like the stock (externally) OEM 1998+ VVTi intake. Probably heavily ported and the internal butterflies either open all the time or removed and ported for the shorter runner design.

Not sure if they are running the VVTi or not. Actuators may just be locked. Personally, I question the outright performance aspect of the intake only VVTi.

It would be nice to adapt this later intake to ealier heads and see what gains are in the intake itself.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 325
Here are a couple pics of some endurance dyno testing of the Lexus motorsports 5.0L engine:

HP: 500 (regulated by Grand Am)
Bore: 3.702"
Stroke: 3.5"
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Max rpm: 7000
Cam Lift : .478"
Cam Duration: 260 degrees

Lexus_5_0L_23.jpg

Lexus_5_0L_31.jpg

Another previously overlooked (by me) observation: looks like cylinders 5 and 7 are paired on the exhaust. These are overlapping exhaust event ports with stock cam timing. Even more interesting is this was done on the S&S headers as well due to packaging limitation. Pairing overlapping ports at first seems like a mistake but some do it on purpose depending on design.

Will have to review Erol's pics to see what he did.

Oh, and if you look closely you will see even the large diameter exhaust vent piping well after the headers is glowing. This was definitely endurance testing.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10