crazy problem, i brake the R light comes on, bad bulb light comes on car downshifts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phillipguru

Ok this is very very wierd

When i press the brake randomly the bad/broken bulb indicator light comes on but my brake lights are good. And half the time when i brake and that indicator light comes on the Reverse "R" light will come on and the car will down shift not so smoothly.

I talked to a very knowledgable car buddy he said it will probably have to do with the abs system since that the only real electronic connection to the ecu that would cause a downshift.

Also my car is starting weak, like the starter isnt getting enough power, i've sanded the terminals and connectors on the battery they feel slightly loose so i'll try tightening them.

Now as well a month after flushing my power steering fluid its running low, so its possible i'm leaking fluid again grr...

But any help for that wierd braking downshift problem, it was like once a week, now it every time i drive the car. It has no rythim to it, no pattern its completely random.

EDIT:
I dont think the PS is leaking to the alternator, i dont see any visible leakage and no smoke coming from the alternator while idleing for at least 5-10 minutes. probably sucking it into the vaccum line... or the rack is leaking but i have no visible spots where i park the car
I swear i love the car so much but these little issues keep coming up, makes me wanna patch the car up and trade it in considering i paid 4900 for it and can sell it for 6000 .....hrmm i dunno

reply to lights

toyota has a bad habit of using plastic as a point to complete ground circuit. there is a phillips screw holding bulb socket to light assy. this scew heats plastic and loosens connect. which causes higher resistance which causes bad lamp light to come on. check all dual filament bulbs to make sure the 2 filaments are'nt bridgeing themselves thenpark and headlamp become one circuit.check these ground wires 95% they are loose