Converting 24 volt to 12..?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

As title says,I'm having delema's about my electrics..which way to go?
Here's a breakdown first..
Truck BJ70 Toyota Landcruiser
Electrics are 24 volt..
Lex is 12 volt..
cenario's are as follows =
1 = Keep it 24 volt and use just 1 battery for starter..get a 24 volt alt(or use original) to run rest of electrics..Using a reducer just for the ecu..
2 = Ditch the 24 and convert to 12..Main question here is can the original wiring gauge handle 12 volts?
Both means i keep the original wiring in place and adapt to it..
3 = Complete re-wire of all electrics..which is what i'm sort of heading towards due to the cost of options 1 and 2..for the same sort of $$ i can get a wiring kit and just redo it myself which i can do..
Anyone want to point me in the right direction or pros+cons of each option..:feedback: Cheers.. Keri
Also the kits i was looking at are the E-Z 15 and the AMERICAN AUTOWIRE HIGHWAY 15..thoughts please..

Forgot to mention that the main reason for doing t re-wire is that a mate has a patrol with a 383 in it and he has just blown up all his electrics(caught fire) due ti his voltage reducer giving up the ghost..he was running 24 and reducing what he needed to 12 for the engine and winch etc..btw the reducer was meeaannn..LOL also..SIDESHOW..how much for you to do my loom plug and play if i send to you?I know this is a big ask..just as a backstop if things turn pear shaped..LOL

I prefer to go with the second option … keep all the voltage at 12 V. keep the two battery but change the lamp bulbs

HID headlights?

LED indicators and brake lights, etc?

all will draw 1/10th the current of their incandescent counter part... ok, not quite that low, but you get the idea :)

prob u might run into is

any motor like powe rwindows wipers etc etc that runs on 24v will not like the 12v

i have asked afew times to wire up old cars with 6v systems but trying to change every electric motor in vehicle to run 12v might be expensive if u dont have parts

what does factory dash run on 24v?

just look into it more deeply

i personally would just run a reducer to the efi fuse then that can run the engine coils fpump etc

prob u might run into is

any motor like powe rwindows wipers etc etc that runs on 24v will not like the 12v

i have asked afew times to wire up old cars with 6v systems but trying to change every electric motor in vehicle to run 12v might be expensive if u dont have parts

what does factory dash run on 24v?

just look into it more deeply

i personally would just run a reducer to the efi fuse then that can run the engine coils fpump etc
Thanks Sideshow,what i was going to do was pull the original harness to the dash but I have to check if the dash runs 12 or 24..if it's 24 then i'm staying with 24 and reducing what i need for the efi,pump etc..just the main prob staying with 24 is the original alternator is 12..and i don't want to butcher the original 24 alternator to fit..I kinda like the nice new look bundled as a whole..but if i have to then there is no choice..quick break down of what i know as of now..

Wipers = has a original reducer in line so it runs 12.
bulbs = all 24
this truck is very basic.. so if dash runs 12 then i'm sweet if not then change all the bulbs..?
flashers,relays etc they come with the new kit..which incorporates everything for a full rewire..so i'm looking at it like this..
I have to check the internal fan that is part of the demisting/heating of cab.(hopefully it's 12)Break micro switch may be 12/24..cheap enough to replace,interior lamps..change to 12,indicators change to 12,basiclly if I look at the whole picture,there isn't much to change compared to say a 80 series landcruiser..(electric everything)
Main question..would the original wiring be able to handle 12 volts? if so this will make for the conversion easier and quiker..Cheers