Converting to a forked clutch on R154

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Ok so I have a QM hydraulic release bearing and basically want to convert it to a standard clutch fork with slave cylinder etc. Any ideas which push system works well with the R154? I realise there will be some custom work, just looking for a starting point.

RMS is correct. If you have installed the unit correctly there will be enough travel on the bearing carrier to compensate for the wear in the plates.

Look its not a debate, the unit has the recommended distance from the bearing face to the fingers, and twice in a year I have had to remove shims to increase clearance.

So if we can go back on topic about a fork and slave option that would be great.

Many current cars run a concentric release bearing, including Holden and Saab, and they do not require removal twice a year to adjust.

Your setup is WRONG!

But if you want to run a fork and slave cyl, go to it.

If you check the QM website you find what 4000GT says about adjustment is correct.
http://www.quartermasterusa.com/~rclutch/prod_imgs/pdf/900113 Street Bearing.pdf

I was thinking about converting my vehicle to a QM hydraulic throwout bearing until I read the below comment from the web page above.
I would have liked to install the QM throwout bearing, but to do this adjustment it is a major job as my motor and gearbox has to be removed from the car to work on the gearbox and clutch.

MAINTENANCE:
1. Check your working clearance and adjust as necessary. As the clutch wears, you will have to decrease the amount of
shims as the spring fingers come up.

Warren

I am running the dellows bell and R154, this has a fork and slave set up and seems to work fine. I have posted pictures in the drivetrain section many moons ago, you will have to plough through to find it or I could email you pictures if you are interested.