Converting Hydraulic Fan to Mechanical Fan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
How do you know none of us have the engineering background? Many of us here also have mechanic background. We modify things because we have different reasons. It's not because Toyota design isn't efficient or bad. In fact, we have modified so many things to make the motor runs better than the stock state that Toyota has designed.

The dollars that Toyota spent on the motor have to combine the best engine for that particular amount of dollars, not necessarily the real best engine. If Toyota makes the best engine, the price will be a lot more. This is where we jump in and try to make the motor better without spending thousands of dollars to have it designed by Toyota or any other auto makers.

Let's go back to the fan topic. I switched to the electrical fans because I needed room to build a turbo project. I didn't intend to make the motor run cooler. When you mentioned that "The result is better fuel efficiency and less wear etc", the hydraulic fan actually makes the engine less fuel efficient because it burns more gas. The electric fans save the gas. But to be fair, electric fans also have their downsides, such as the alternator has to work harder, and it'll die out earlier.

I can fully understand wanting to improve a motor for your particular needs and I agree that any manufacturer has to balance drivability, price, emission laws etc etc, but I still maintain that to run an electric fan in place of the hydraulic one is a waste of money unless you do it for space reasons as you have done and incidentally I also have done. However, I believe it is important to run the motor at its optimum operating temp. I fitted a temp switch into the top of the thermostat housing so the electric fan comes on right in the middle of the temp guage scale. This means the fan only comes on for very short periods of time (only 20 seconds or so usually) unless I am sitting in heavy traffic on a hot day, in which case it is on for longer. The end result is, yes optimum fuel efficiency and engine operating temp. The hydraulic fan, however would do the same job if I had been able to fit it in.
Ric