Completed rear mount turbo sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

I found these photos today and i want more info! This person claims they did all the work themselves, yet they may not even be members of the lextreme or clublexus forums (no talk, and all action, i like it), but at the same time i'd like to know everything about this project. Its the only rear mount turbo sc400 i have come across completed, anyone have more scoop on this story.

http://rides.importtuner.com/ride/1003507/drift-girl/1992/lexus/sc400/index.html

LOL... that Miss Emerald. She is a member of CL and here. Her car was discussed with multiple pages in CL. She no longer have this setup. She did it for the mag shoot. I dont think it ever ran. Now she has 2jzgte swap in here car.

LOL... that Miss Emerald. She is a member of CL and here. Her car was discussed with multiple pages in CL. She no longer have this setup. She did it for the mag shoot. I dont think it ever ran. Now she has 2jzgte swap in here car.

Oh, don't tell me that. That sucks! I thought there was hope!

Tried a rear mount setup with twin Subaru turbos in the back of a lexus powered Miata. Made 285 RWHP at 5lb - same as stock LS1 powered holdens on the same dyno. Used a Tilton diff cooler pump for oil return. Didn't boost until about 3500 rpm. Then it fried the clutch! Cheers.

I have a friend with dual small sized rear mount turbo's on a C6 Vette...The Vette absolutely rips and that setup makes slightly over 500whp on the LS1 engine.... The turbo's are placed near the rear mufflers...

I searched and searched on clublexus about her car and found a lot of threads. The thing is i never found a pic of the turbo set-up. She also seemed reluctant to post pictures and evasive comments, so did this not really every exist or perhaps just not function?

I dont think it was functional. She never should any picture under the car or the turbo. I think she did it for the magazine and the wow factor. However, if Jibby is down, I can make him a rear mount.

That is pretty devious if true (i'm not saying the system did or did not exist), her fabrication and carbon fiber work looked good enough where she could pull it off, but yes it seems that car may have only been show and no go
jibby you should do it, if david is offering the labor (hardest part) the actual materials wouldn't be crazy expensive.

So let me get this straight Lex you are offering to rear mount Jibby?
Please don't post the pictures.

Spice, no freebies from Lextreme... Still waiting on the performance cams...

I Still love ya Lex but free rear turbo's come on? Christmas is over.....

Wait correction $2500....Hmmm? Maybe, let me think about this? I can get the turbo's on Ebay for $300, custom piping fabbed maybe another $500, intercooler and other parts $1000....

That totals $1800....I think I can beat out that $2500....

You know...It's not the power that I lack in my SC4...It's the tranny and drivetrain holding strength that keeps failing me... That is where my direction is with this SC4 of mine... If I am to do anything it will be a big tranny transplant...

Boost sounds good though later on down the road...Thanks for the consideration...