1uz -> manual swap somebody REALLY completed?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jtjerry

is there somebody who completed manual transmission swap for any toyota/lexus 1uz engine?

how it is feel?

is there any improvement to stock A340 automatic? you expected more or...

your feedback, impressions please...

Jerry

hi jerry,, i am not sure, but i dont think anyone has one in the car yet.. i am waiting for some parts that are being finished for the clutch.. this will be ready in about 2 weeks.. this is for rdms car..
as soon as i get the parts in hand, i will be going thru the swap..
nothing looks to difficult ..i still need to work out the different outputs on the transmissions.. all tt supra transmissions have a 4 bolt flange--while all lexus have 3 bolt.. this should be a minor issue..
also, remember that the lexus has a higher rear end gear ratio--this should make for quicker accel, but lower top end..well see how quickly rdm will be able to shift..
veryhappy.gif

Do you mean put a manual behind a 1UZ? heaps of people have done that.
If you mean put a manual behind a 1UZ in an SC400? then a few people in Aust have used a W58, not sure if many have used the R154.

But its like any other manual swap, it becomes more of a drivers car, less of a cruising car.

like Peewee said, of course there are people who have actually completed the swap.

adaptors don't exist for no reason you know. R154 has been done in an SC, i have seen 2 in a few magazines. dunno if anyone on here has done it though.

any performance data? how 0-60 or 1/4 mile times with manual transmission?
supra mk4 turbo had almost 1 second on 0-60
manual: 4.6 vs 5.6 automatic with torque braking and 6.1 without.
supra mk3 turbo had 6.6 sek (manual) and 7.6-7.8 automatic.
my sc400 have 6.5 sek 0-60 by gtech on automatic. do you thinking 5.6--5.8 is possible with manual and LSD?

jtjerry said:
any performance data? how 0-60 or 1/4 mile times with manual transmission?
supra mk4 turbo had almost 1 second on 0-60
manual: 4.6 vs 5.6 automatic with torque braking and 6.1 without.
supra mk3 turbo had 6.6 sek (manual) and 7.6-7.8 automatic.
my sc400 have 6.5 sek 0-60 by gtech on automatic. do you thinking 5.6--5.8 is possible with manual and LSD?
that 1 second difference might be due to the slow gear shift in the auto?
takes forever on full throttle change,
the take off in My opinion with My car was auto now manual is not much difference, with a w58 manual gearbox now. acceleration doesnt feel any different, but i did not get a chance to test or time it earlier when it was auto

1992 SC300 4-speed auto 7.2 sec 15.8 sec at 89 mph

1992 SC300 5-speed manual 6.8 sec 15.4 sec at 90 mph

both are the same in weight so thinkig improvement is in shift delay and more rwhp (automatic make bigger hp loss than manual transmission). both do not have LSD.

perhaps in sc400 where power and torque are higher than in sc300 it will be significient advantage have LSD.

hi jerry,,n the six speed has high gearing-- thats why it would be good for 0-60--much better than the auto anyway.. i think a second better 0-60 is very possible..

There are many swaps already have done in Australia. Neil Griffiths had done a few from his shop. However, most people don't like to share the information because its considered a trade secret.