1uz into LJ78 manual

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Pigeo

Hello,
im planning a swap into a manual lj78.
is there room and is it possible to keep the shifters in the same place with a minimal of firewall massaging or none?
Have not found anyone that has done this swap so I’m curious what others did with regards to bellhousings and adapter plates and general placement of engine and transmission.
I feel comfortable making motor mounts but would like to keep the interior stock.

thank you

I should be more specific. If the transmission stays put, then the only room for adjustment is between the tranny and engin. I understand there are three different input shafts to an r151 (long, short and ax15) and I think the input shafts can be swapped? And I think some adjustments can be made with different throw out bearings for overcoming different input shaft lengths with the same bell housing? So wondering what combination of those components leads to the best fit. I’m probably overthinking it.

You need to break out the tape measure and a striaght edge and ascertain if there is any potential to move the engine back via the shorter bellhousing.
I'd be surprised if Toyota used a longer bellhousing than needed as that would push the engine too far forward.

You need to measure the back of the 1UZ so you can work out if it will clear the firewall if bolted to the existing bellhousing You would need to allow for any adpater you used.

There are R154/1UZ bellhousings available.

You would need to decide if you want to go that way and then use that in your calculations of clearance on the firewall.

It isn't rocket science but you need to do some careful measurements.

Yes I absolutely agree. I don’t yet have the vehicle. It should be delivered soon… I’m looking forward to crawling under it and actually start seeing things and measuring.

I also have a 1uz without a bellhousing so my options or wide open but also hard to figure out.

It’s difficult to find length dimensions of bell housing/adapter plates online. KS Racing from Thailand shows a picture of ~7” or 18 cm, but the bell housing doesn’t look machined for parallel, just painted after casting. KS racing has many good reviews but I’d feel more comfortable hearing from someone else’s experience. Their bell housing + shipping from Thailand to US is comparable to some of the adapter plates which is interesting.

Other companies selling adapter plates say their plate is milled from 1.5” aluminum or what not, but they don’t state the depth of the mounting face to bellhousing let alone the useful number,, the length of Bell housing + adapter plate length.

Hoping someone chimes in on what did or didn’t work in their experience.