1uz Manual Swap Questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

yodathespian87

Okay so I 'm gathering parts for my 1uz swap into my 90 4Runner. I'm thinking of swapping to a manual transmission. Wondering which will bed able to handle at least 400 hp. And if there is anything I would have to do special to make it mate up to a double transfer case. I am also wondering if there is anything I have to do to the computer to trick it? And where can I get the adapter bell housing? Thanks guys.

I found a W58 transmission and engine for 300 bucks. From what I have read it will work and they make kits for it. What else is involved? Wiring? Computer? What are the little parts I would need to get?

No that is exactly what I was looking for. Cause the kits are outragous in price. So it looks like I need to strip out an sc300 manual. I have a G52 trans. sitting in the garage I wasn't going to use. And things like clutch alignment tool I have. Shift knob and sticks I can source anywhere. I have some of the parts from my 4Runner as in pedal, and the existing clutch manual parts which I will try to use.
Do you have any write ups on the ones you have done? And by the way thanks for the help.

Yeah I figured the G52 would be too weak. I have been surfing like crazy and then looking for good deals on the transmission. Lately been looking up folks that have made there own adapter plate. Good to know about the sourcing of parts. Thanks for you insight.

W58 from a Supra won't help if you plan on keeping the car 4WD.
G52 will be barely any weaker as they basically share the same casing and bearings.

W5x or G5x will also explode if you try to run 400hp through it in 4WD mode in a 4Runner.

You want the R151F.

Bellhousings can be bought from CRS or Dellow

Why wouldn't the W58 froma supra allow me to keep it 4wd. I just bolt it up to the transfer cases. unless I need a different output flange to mate them up? I was hoping to make my adapter plate instead of buying cause paying $1200 for a bell housing is outragous.

Okay now I noticed that there isn't that much out there as for conversion adapters and cluth stuff using the R150F transmission. If I can get a R154 I would but I find they are pretty expensive and hard to find. The R150F are everywhere up here. So finding another is a piece of cake. Anyone know where I can find some Conversion info using the R150f? Thanks

They probably just list it as an R154 with a 160mm input shaft.

(R154 has a 190mm shaft, R151F has a 160mm shaft)

Both CRS and Dellow make them for R151F's. (Infact my R154 has a Dellow R151F bellhousing on it, but with the CRS 30mm spacer)
http://rodshop.com.au/trans_conversions/bh/bh-106t.htm

As far as putting a transfer case on the rear of the W58 goes, I'm fairly sure the output shafts are very different between the two boxes, and I'm not sure if you can just swap the shafts over (as the 5th gear ratio's are different, so the shafts may not line up)

But for peace of mind, I'd HIGHLY recommend going the R151F.

Good to know. Most likely going to go with a R150F then cause they are everywhere for cheap. And yes they did have it down as a R154 with a 160mm shaft. Now for clutch plates, clutches and fly wheels... you guys buying the kits that are very expensive or making them yourselves? I was reading that a guy was using a 3sgte or something like that and re-machined the flywheel? I have use of a machine shop and guys that are very good with them (lockheed martin people) I figure the clutches just go to a different vehicle. Which? Thanks Peewee.

in theory your dead right, but the IF something goes wrong, it could be deadly. It's best just to custom flywheel made, they aren't expensive or hard to find. and frankly I cant see why you would muck around and take short cuts on something so dangerous or cheap-skate-ish.

its easy enough for me, i work in the aircraft industry so get little things done FOC :D

still need to pay for bigger bits like adapter plates though :rolleyes: