Exhaust completed!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

- t a k t i k s -

Well, i got it all put in. 2.25" mandrel bends were used from the O2/cats back to the Y-pipe. The Y-pipe then goes into a shortened 3" straight section, back out to 2.25". the dissapointing thing is that they decided to use pipe bends from the last Y-pipe back, and its kind of dissapointing. it obviously still bottlenecks the exhaust system, but ultimately, it is much less restrictive than the stock exhaust. no resonators, rather loud, but tolarable, i love the sound personally.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

What did you use for the 2 y pipes? What is your impression... power change? Good/bad/noticeable? If you can take undercar pics that would be great. Glad to see people getting work done.

the two y pipes are actually kinda funky lookin. your basic muffler shop special. it looks like a small dome with two horns...hard to describe, but it looks like the letter Y if you make the top part a half circle instead of coming to a point.

the sound is great, rumbles and low rpm, low end torque doesnt seem too off, but there's definitely something in the mid-to upper part of the rpm band. the 0-60 time seems to have improved by a tenth or even more, and the butt dyno feels great! but the power change is most definitely noticeable, the car seems to step out much more when you hit the gas instead of lagging like it did before.

ill try to get the car on a lift to take some underbody shots, the welding looked a bit ghetto, but it works, and it doesnt have to look pretty for me.

i just put on the injen short ram intake today as well...feels great.

- t a k t i k s - said:
the two y pipes are actually kinda funky lookin. your basic muffler shop special. it looks like a small dome with two horns...hard to describe, but it looks like the letter Y if you make the top part a half circle instead of coming to a point.

the sound is great, rumbles and low rpm, low end torque doesnt seem too off, but there's definitely something in the mid-to upper part of the rpm band. the 0-60 time seems to have improved by a tenth or even more, and the butt dyno feels great! but the power change is most definitely noticeable, the car seems to step out much more when you hit the gas instead of lagging like it did before.

ill try to get the car on a lift to take some underbody shots, the welding looked a bit ghetto, but it works, and it doesnt have to look pretty for me.

i just put on the injen short ram intake today as well...feels great.

I hate to be negative... I want you to enjoy your car... but, the Y pipes are the most critical part of the exhaust. Without pictures I cannot be certain but from your description the shop used U shaped bends (mandrel or otherwise) cut a hole in the outside of the bend and welded on the outlet/inlet leg. This is not critical on the second Y where the single goes to duals but would be poor (worse than stock) on the first Y where the 2 pipes become one center pipe.

Obviously the parts work but you are missing out on power and torque.

The first Y needs to be a sharp Y shape of about 22 to 30 degrees. The idea is to take all the high speed energy and let it continue in as straight of a line as possible while it combines with the energy of the other pipe in the same basic direction. The part you describe (if I understand correctly) will literally have each side trying to pressurize the other.

Here is a picture of a properly designed Y pipe.