Need a Completed List of TripTronic for 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

SC400 and I want to go TripTronic. I dont want to mess with doing a manual swap. I need some way of controller the tranny and some sort of shifter, what else? Who made/sells paddle shifters besides MG, which I dont like their Paddle Shifters and BMW which is rare to find? Do they make paddle shifting hubs?

Thanks

Just to save you some time, I had contacted Steve Chryssos at Twist Machine (www.twistmachine.com) awhile back about making a Toyota/Lexus paddle hub so that we could keep our airbag steering wheels (to keep the insurers happy), but still have paddles.

Sent him a Supra steering wheel to play with, etc. Bottom line, they couldn't/wouldn't do it for the OEM setup.

However, if you're willing to sacrifice the airbag, they can adapt to nearly any aftermarket wheel.

For the controller, our own KDog here on this forum makes a nice one.

To do it preoperly is very expensive. Keeping the airbag takes a lot of custom machine work to make the slip rings/connections and stay away from the factory stuff. And depending on how much factory stuff is on the steerin wheel you may not have room. Just putting them on the steering column may be better, although there is still a lof of stuff in there which needs to be avoided. You will struglle to find a machinist willing to do the work, and if you do find one you probably won't like the price.

It would be cheaper to do a dodgy and get rid of the airbag, or maybe some of the steering controls to free up some space in the column. But you will still be spending more coin on the paddle setup then what you will on the controller @ $290.