Parts Complete 1996 1UZFE engine for sale! (Los Angeles)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

turbotwig

Hey guys,

I have a complete 1996 1UZFE engine for sale. I'm am asking $550. I bought it about a year ago and it has just sat since then. I have come to the conclusion that I just won't have the time/money to do what I want with it anytime soon. I am 100% willing to deliver the engine in the Los Angeles area if there is a serious buyer here (delivery fee is negotiable). I am also 100% willing to ship it anywhere in the world provided the buyer pays of the cost up front. I'm moving soon, and would like to get this engine out of my hair as soon as possible. No reasonable offer will be refused!

I have the ECU, AFM, harness, and complete engine. It is in great condition, but has been disassembled. Because of this, I can assure you that everything is is excellent condition. If you're doing a fresh build or just need parts, this could be a great deal!

PM ME!!! :Eyecrazy:

Thanks,
Kirk

LOL.... i am building a 5.1 or so stroker right now and need to conserve money.... Anyhow, I refer people to you on this great buy. Do you know many miles does it has? Since Its a 96 I would assume not too many miles.

I don't recall 100%. It was below 100k for sure... I think it was like 80k if memory serves. Like I said, I have pulled it apart and everything is in great condition. The engine had been sitting in a yard for a few years, so the engine was probably only in service for a few years. This engine could be cleaned up, reassembled, and run without any headaches. Pictures can be supplied upon request.

Thanks for the referrals!

Hmm I could use another engine maybe... Can anyone quickly shed some details of the advantages of the newer 1UZ? I have read about rod and piston differences but how about the emissions? It should be OBD2 right??

To be completely honest, I have no idea. I was intending on using it in a turbo race car, so I never actually looked into any emissions stuff. I'm sure the other guys can tell you more about the engine than you'd ever imagine.

There are actually a whole slew of differences listed in the technical manual. The newer 1UZ-FE is OBD2 compliant. For starters, the shape of the piston was modified to be more lightweight and lower friction. They also lowered the tension on the piston rings to reduce friction as well. The piston pin, connecting rod, and crankshaft were lightened. Really though, the differences are too many to list here. It's several pages worth in the manual. Overall it's a much better engine than the earlier 1UZ. If you have a specific question, I'll answer it though.

Turbo,

Do you any picture of the rods? I am also interested to know if the 95+ would have weak rods like the Tundra and GS400 (Post 98)
Lexus-Toyota-Rods.jpg

Hey 24 hrs later I got this engine. :beerchug:She's nice and clean too. My main question I have about this is how do i verify that it is a 1996 1UZ? Turbotwig obtained the ECU and a few other things separately from the engine so I can't be sure of the engine model by looking at those numbers. I'm going to go out and record the numbers cast into the front/top of the block and I'll report back. I looked at the piston heads and some other things and they look exactly the same as my earlier 1UZ.

I didn't realize that there were that many changes to improve the motor. I just need to figure if it's actually a 1996 then go from there. I know Turbotwig is a very honest individual but ID'ing this for sure is just part of the process of restoring it.

You are not going to believe this but Turbo was on his way up to the bay area this weekend and I live right on the 101. I had cash and he was kind enough to load it all up and bring it by my house! Did that work out perfect or what? When I get back to my house I'll get a few pics. It's definitely hard to walk around in my garage now. Anyone want to buy a tablesaw? =]

Hang tight! I'll flip the block over by the end of the day and get a couple shots. I need to move some stuff around to get some space on the bench.

I notived that the newer 1UZ differences include a 12 blade water pump instead of the earlier 7. I went out and counted the blades last night and there were indeed 12. I feel a little better now that it's a 96!

I had a smile for sure. $550 in my pocket made the drive that much more enjoyable.

The ECU came still attached on the engine... so they should be matching years. Hope it all works out for you.

-Kirk

Attachments

• 1uzfe2gmturbo700.jpg
    1uzfe2gmturbo700.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 6