Clutch options / *** clutch any good?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Arnout

What clutches are people using here for the UZ conversions? Is the quartermaster clutch any good that *** is selling? I need a clutch to put the V8 in front of a Nissan transmission (24 splines / 1 inch) like the 300zx / GTR box. The quatermaster is pretty universal so I can easily get it to work with the Nissan tranny.

Attachments

• c92c_1[1].jpg
    c92c_1[1].jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 134
hey Arnout,

I'm nailed the clutch problem down to 2 last makes.
Helix Autosport or Superclutch.

Helix Autosport has
Twin plate 184mm that takes Organic or CeraM drive plates
O = 453nm 3.8KG
CM 6 paddle = 626nm 4.5kg

multi plate 184mm with Sintered driveplates
2plate = 982nm torque 3.7kg
3 plate = 1466nm torque 4.7kg

Twin plate 200mm that takes Organic or CeraM drive Plates
O = 611nm torque 5.35KG
CM 6 paddle = 740nm torque 6.55KG

Superclutch, is the brand that goes on the factory build cars of
Gardner Douglas, they're tripple plate desing and can be: Organic CM or Sinterd.
I only enquired the data for the Organic clutch (needs to drivable through Le-mans city during the 24 hours in traffic jam)
They also are main agent for Q-M in the UK.

Superclutch
tripple plate Organic discs desing holds 1220NM of torque have no idea of sizes and measurements yet drawings will be in the mail shortly.
I've operated the clutch myself on a Lola T70 replica with a LS3 engine in it and it's very very smooth....
the clutch including discs costs 665 UK pounds + vat + shipping. which is very good I think. the thing is in my install, heaven forbid should I at any point want to up/downgrade to chevy power, the conversion is easy if i use the superclutch stuff on the 1uz aswell.

Both makes can do whatever spline you want on them.

Grtz Thomas

edit: hmm need to update my profile the yellow car is no longer in my posesion!!! 1st week of april will see a Gardner Douglas T70 kit in my garage WHOOHOO!

I am currently running a 3SGTE flywheel and pressure plate with a N/A z32 clutch disc. This is mated to a Nissan KA tranny that came stock in my s14. If/when I swap out to a z32 tranny, I will probably keep the same setup but go with and upgraded pressure plate and clutch disc. Just have to order them seperately. What are your power goals? This may limit your clutch options with that setup. If you have a custom flywheel that can be drilled to any pressure plate pattern, you can use a different combo. All I did was search for clutch disc diameter and match it to the pressure plate.

Watty

Nah watty, No way a single plate is going to hold up with the power Arnout is chasing!

I recieved a nice envelope from supercluth today, and things are looking very good.

I'll go with the GT spec 700 triple plate 184mm.

and I will try and turn the flywheel myself I can just fit that 212mm in the lathe.

grtz Thomas

I got the clutch from Cowboy Bepop the other day. It's the quartermaster button type clutch. To cut the story short: I'm not impressed. This unit is sold to me for like 2200 USD. If you compare it to a twin plate carbon carbon by RPS it doesn't even look half as good as an RPS. And it's comparable in price. It might hold up the power and abuse we can give it but again, it just doesn't look as good as a decent unit at that price range.

Arnout, that's a enourmous amount of money from quater master, or is this one also carbob carbon?

I have their catalogue and price list here, and cannot find those in there, normal buttons anre not even near that price from QM direct.

anyway QM is nice, but in all honesty if it comes to this much sience going in to a part I'd better stick with a firm like Sachs or AP-sachs.
yu might pay a few hundred dollars extra but the quality is byond all reason, and if the custumour is willing to pay 2200 on a clutch alone, he would also be willing to spend 2600.......

I still stick with the 3 plate Superclutch one, I have seen a 650hp LS7 in a GD t70 car this weekend and he could not get it to slip on track.
he says it's bite(y) as hell but gets the power through.

Grtz Thomas

hey Thomas,
The Superclutch version is the one you put me onto some time ago that uses the Tilton 7.25 inch pattern?

Got any pics? Did you go organic or button?