1uz with v160 transmission, clutch options

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
search for user "superrunner" on here
he had a bunch of new flywheels modified for 1UZ application, and they allow the use of a variety of clutches from various toyota models, allowing you to use a pull or a push type clutch.

i bought a flywheel from him, but it does not work with the V160 transmission from what he told me.

i was wondering if i could use his flywheel, with a 1jz/7mgte clutch and it be compatible with the transmission.

the flywheel i bought from him is for 1uz engine / 7m+1jz clutch / r154 tranny

ok through a lot of searching i've learned.

1jz and 2jzgte clutches are totally different. the friction disk is smalller on the 1jzgte. also the spline is different between the R154 and V160/V161.

you can swap complete flywheel/clutch assemblies on the 1jzgte and 2jzgte if you are using the correct transmission. so the crank bolt pattern is the same, and the engine transmission bolt pattern is the same between the two.

the only solution i have right now is to have a custom clutch made for the superrunners flywheel that is basically a 1jzgte clutch with a 2jzgte spline center.

Phil Bradshaw in NZ also has a couple of 1UZ flywheels and clutches intended for use with the R154 or W58 boxes. His flywheels are CNC'd from billet steel, and predrilled for the 1UZ's crank and his clutches.

No reason why one of these couldn't be used with the V160. The OEM TT Supra clutch is a 9 3/4" with a 1" 14 spline disc, and Phil's standard steel flywheel is set up for a 10" clutch and weighs around 7.46kg. He makes a lightened version, but still steel, which he uses with a 9.5" clutch and HD pressure plate.

I would think as long as you could find a 10" or 9 3/4" clutch disc to suit the V160's input shaft, you'd be nearly there. Or you could just ask him not to predrill the flywheel for the clutch, and you drill & tap it for your own setup.

BTW, he uses a hydraulic release bearing with these setups, too.

Here's a pic he sent me recently of his standard flywheel for use with the 10" clutch.

Attachments

• 101_8067 2.jpg
    101_8067 2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 429
well...

Phill Bradshaws flywheels sounds exactly like SuperRunner's flywheel.

I have read that the v160 spline is one in its own. I would not have any idea how to look up what friction disk would have the same spline as a v160's.

Attachments

• twin_cam_ute.jpg
    twin_cam_ute.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 66
Phil's flywheels are made from scratch for the 1UZ's crank bolting. No hole slotting required, they have an integral ring gear with the correct lead in on the starter side, etc. For all practical purposes, it's the flywheel that Toyota should have made for the UZ family, but didn't.

If Superrunner is making his from scratch, then they're probably similar.

There's a number of applications that use a 1" 14 spline friction disc, and even 1-2 that use a 9 3/4" plate. I haven't seen any that use a 10" plate, or a 9 1/2".

9 1/4" seems to be very popular, however.

Download a copy of the Centerforce Clutch catalog, it's full of useful information about input shaft configurations, and OEM clutch sizes.