Quartermaster clutch options?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Well, I custom flywheel has landed in my lap for my 1UZ TT project and its drilled for a quartermaster clutch. Is anyone out there using one? Thinking a twin or tripple plate 7.25... experiences? Part numbers? Streetability?

Attachments

• Image(244).jpg
    Image(244).jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Image(245).jpg
    Image(245).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 4
  • Image(246).jpg
    Image(246).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 4
A mate did it, its alloy. Dont know the weight, feels around 7k, which is on the heavy side but I want some rotational mass with the clutch I am getting so I dont stall it as often.

I have made a flywheel to take a Tilton 3-plate behind the flex plate. The current plates are metallic which will be a pain for street driving as they dont offer much feel. The direction I am looking into is using a Quarter-Master Organic 2-plate setup inside the Tilton clutch cover. I believe this is going to be the best solution for street driving while still giving the advantage of a small clutch (lower intertia). I can post the Q-M part number for the 7.25 organic discs if you want. They are listed as parts for a 2-plate show-car clutch for NASCAR type vehicles.

Steve-O

Thanks but I soted it all out today, I looked into the Tilton option but went the other way. I am deciding between 2 rally disks or 3 race ones... thoughts? I know more slip in the rally ones, but not sure of the ability to hold big power.

Its not so much the gripping load that is going to be an issue, but the drivability. Most racing clutches are designed to have very short throw and very little modulation. This will make it a little bit of a pain to drive in traffic without stalling frequently. The metallic and carbon clutches offer the least modulation (slip). The more you slip these clutches the worse the hot spots get and this leads to warpage and premature wear of the discs and floater plates. You can get some of the modulation back by going to a smaller clutch master cylinder (gives longer pedal travel).

If you are planning to drive it on the street occasionally and compete with the car most of the time then the metallic and carbon clutches would be the direction to go.

e-solver: Where did you buy the flywheel, and how much?
I'm currently looking for a twin\triple plate setup.