Parts Quartermaster clutch, flywheel, and hydraulic release bearing for sale

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Hello, I am selling my clutch package (currently on a 1UZ-FE turbo)

Clutch: Quartermaster for Toyota Supra gearbox twin plate (rally disks) 7.25". 3000km old. The plates seem to have nominal wear and are cheap to replace if you want to try a different gearbox etc, I would recommend new disks as a matter of course as I didnt set the clutch up properly the first time and they slipped (dont slip now they work fine just giving all the info), but still plenty of meat on them. Any performance shop sell these.

Flywheel: A1 Turbos Toyota 1UZ flywheel, drilled to fit the Quartermaster and Tilton multiplate clutches etc.

Quartermaster Hydraulic release bearing: Brought used and includes the fittings if needed (I put in a new bearing). With this you dont need a slave cylinder etc, this replaces it all.

Will sell the package for USD1250 for the lot, shipped anywhere.

I had this on my Supra, and it made 492WHP at NZEFI. I now have a dedicated track car and no longer need a full on street car.

110448792_full.jpg

Andrew where's your ring gear?!

And are those V160 splines on the discs, or W58 or R154?

Also, just curious if QM offered you any other sort of friction material but the metallic? Those are interesting looking discs, because they're nearly full face. I expected QM's discs to be more like TRD's six puck style.

You use the factory ring gear off the auto, which is a very light flex plate. Keeps the rotational mass down, which means quick revving as you know.

The disk splines are for the R154, R151, W40, W50, W55, W57, and W58 all are 28mm and 21 spline count. I am using it on the R154, and are going off "net facts" for the W series fitment. The V160 would require you to use different discs.

My discs are ceramic metallic, opposed to sintered. They are the rally spec opposed to track / drag. I talked to a local clutch shop and they offer resurfacing services like kevlar and ceramic etc... but the discs are cheap enough new if you wanted a sintered disc.

Nice; any problems getting a ring gear off the flexplate and putting it on the flywheel?

What's the approximate weight of the FW? I assume it's all steel?

Any spacers required with that flywheel?

Which set of hardware works best to mount it to the UZ crank?

Are you including any of the shim/spacers with the QM release bearing?

You dont need to take the ring gear off the flex plate. You leave the entire ring gear on. This flywheel is only 7.25" in diameter. The flywheel weighs 2.5kg, so thats about 6lbs and is steel.

No spacers required, you just leave your ring gear assembly and put in a Toyota spigot bearing, put the fly on behind it, put in the flywheel bolts (4AGE bolts work perfectly, just from Toyota or ARP). I have a 1mm (approx) spacer that I will include.

Ahhh OK, this is one of those "button" flywheels as QM calls them? It bolts to the A/T flexplate and, of course, to the crank flange.

So you don't have to cut the OEM ring gear off the flexplate and resweat it onto this flywheel, and the clutch housing simply bolts through this button flywheel, and through the OEM flexplate?

The release bearing is on an auction and has a bid. If you wanted to take the lot, I can remove that bid and sell to you. Else by Thursday I will only have the flywheel and clutch left if not sold prior, cheers.

Well turns out "low miles" and "plenty of meat left" translates into this

qmclutch001.jpg

qmclutch003.jpg

qmclutch004.jpg

The clutch has wore .037 and that is only factoring the above parts. The flywheel and the pressure plate wear are still not factored into this and they look as bad as the floater plate. The floater plate new is .180, has a max limit of .177 and it has wore all the way down to .172! After all the money I have to spend on new parts on this, I could have bought it brand new. What a tremendous, tremendous disappointment. Thanks for a bunch of burned up, useless parts.

Last edited:
Well turns out "low miles" and "plenty of meat left" translates into this

qmclutch001.jpg

qmclutch003.jpg

qmclutch004.jpg

The clutch has wore .037 and that is only factoring the above parts. The flywheel and the pressure plate wear are still not factored into this and they look as bad as the floater plate. The floater plate new is .180, has a max limit of .177 and it has wore all the way down to .172! After all the money I have to spend on new parts on this, I could have bought it brand new. What a tremendous, tremendous disappointment. Thanks for a bunch of burned up, useless parts.

ouch.
that
bones

Yeah he knew it needed new plates before he purchased, I even took more pics of the side view of the plates, and we discussed places to buy new plates and their cost. The buyer was very unrealistic, brought a used clutch with all the information I could provide, and knowing that expected to find a brand new clutch at his door delivered for free.