Cheapest Manual Boost Controller

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

This forum is all about saving. What do u think of this product. Its a Gang Valve use in small aquarium air lines. Here is a example of Gang Valve
ep_9548_air_control_kit.jpg

The price is 11 gang valves for $1.53 USD.

This type of valve can control about of boost allow to active the wastegate. There are brass version of this type of Gang Valve. What do u think? Cheap is the word.

I've seen those used on Mitsubishi car before, very sensitive adjustment, sometime will overboost a little, but overall very effective.Better to set about 2 psi below where you want to limit.

You also have to make sure that in no way the valve will fail and your boost skyrockets.
Pressure test the valve with at least 20psi before using it on the car.

The Mitsubishi that had this setup would only occasionally over boost slightly(2psi)beyond what was known to be an acceptable limit with the oem fuel system, wasn't anything loose/moving on the valve, just the nature of a setup like this, and after a year or so, the car developed a nasty rattle...
Now the owner has set the boost a bit lower,using the same cheap valve and hasn't had any problems since.
So there's a reason it's the cheapest, definately an option, but with the $ spent on that replacement motor my buddy could have just went out and bought a reliable boost controller and still be running the same engine.

go for the metal upgrade.

hey, dont knock the aquarium valve. when i was a poor high school student with a turbo supra, that was the cheapest concept/solution to make boost. :) i, however, spent the extra $2.75 for the metal/chrome aquarium valve.

1st mods to my mk3 was hks exhaust, hks boost guage, and aquarium valve (11psi). i did notice on hot days, alot of inconsistant boost pressure. maybe boost creep or compressor surging, idk.