world's cheapest supercar

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
An Ultima costs WHAT??? at your place??? bloody hell thats indeed expensive.
there's 30.000 euro ultima's on the road here in holland....

the thing with kitcars is that you can build them yourself, it'll be YOUR car, not a car you have bought off a dealer. nobody on earth knows more about it than you do,
I never had much with cars untill I owned one of which I had avery bolt and nut in my own fingers twice :ponder: . the first time it starts and you drive off, you'll never experience that in something someone else has made.

I also have drivven quite a lot of quick cars street production cars, and I have also build my own trackday weapon which is street legal BTW. and that outperforms anything ever build production, and I don't even drive that well,
though it's indeed not a match in a straigt line to for instance a 600bhp supra... but lets just wait till the first corner is in sight, let alone the second

spaceframe kitcars have the tendancy "to be able" to be very light, so:
forget a stereo (with a good engine you can't hear it anyway)
forget powerbraking and steering you won't need it,
forget anything comfy which a typical car has, take of even more stuff such as interiour panels and sound deadning panels..... pff who ever thought that up? nothing better than your ears freezing of at 130km/h
forget big wheels, heavy!
13" minilites with yokohama a03 or ACB10 avons are your friends.
spoilers and skirts..... YUK! no way! only a good diffusor in the rear and maybe a FUNCTIONAL wing.
ditch anything electro you don't need. heater also another 4kg saved
fit a harley davidson battery (light very small and cheap)
get some good calipers and pads and steelflex pipes to get a ROCKHARD compared to "street stuff" brake pedal.
put in the lightest relaiable high revving engine ,that suits the type and weight of the car, you can find. connect that to the lightest 5 speeds you can find. connect that to the best solid axle you can find for your car.

the exact smame fillosofy goes for an Atom, caterham, ultima, Sylva, and the lot, the only differance being: one make, putting lots off money into R&D and the other going trial and error, and one being designed as a super expensive supercar and the other something more modest of shape
they're all very light and very quick.

follow the above rules and you'll end up with something like this.
nice on track, and completly insane on the road.

a_194.jpg

weight ready to drive = 498 kilogramm or 1098 lbs
engine = 4age20v on omex 122rwhp 178nm @7800rpm 146nm from 2700rpm T50box
sierra cosworth braking system on Hawk pads
2.6 turn quick steering rack and yokohama A539 tyres for street michelin slicks for track

I'll happily take on anything at any form of traffic light on the road, let alone on a bendy old dutch dyke-road, my brother included on the yamaha FZR1000 exup...... whoaoap beybey. never lost such a thing to this day.

grtz Thomas

(sorry but considering this was a kitcar related topic I just couldn't resist)

those little cars are awsome, i wish i could drive to school on one of those :p it would be a blast.

Basically we are talking about V8 built sandrails ...In the States sandrails are basically framed cars that are built with V8's, 4 and 6 bangers...They are built for sand dune racing and off road performance only..Light and powerful...Same concepts as a framed supercar...Now take one of those and lower it with hard performance suspension and there you have it....

Anyway, what I am getting at is we have these sand rails for sale by the dozens all over the place with built 454's and other V8's that are dishing out 500hp+ and weigh nothing for like $5-$10,000...I say just buy one of those built Sand rails and then spend $5000 on converting over the suspension for track use and then you have a framed only Supercar for less the $15,000 that will tear it up....Although some of those sandrails are built very lengthy, and not so wide for handling...

Just throwing possible cheap ways to get your hands on a supercar....

Example: This pic below is of a 500hp LS1 Sandrail for sale for $12,000... I am sure he will take 10k...It took me 5 minutes to find this for sale on the internet...Conversion to track and there is your super car...You can also play in the sand with it for while before you convert it...:006:

For that GTM kit car, a complete car with that body style, engine, and tranny as advertised is really worth the money. However....there maybe some hidden costs to have it done. If the GTM manufacturer really means the cost is true, then why doesn't it assemble and sell it as a 95% complete car? I think it'll be a lot easier under the laws and regulations to sell it as a part kit than an auto manufacturer.

I've read its website, the manufacturer is lacking several extensive tests and details with facts to say:"We guarantee the car will perform as a Corvette Z06 with all the safety, comfort, and reliability, and not to say it'll perform like a Ferrari, MCLaren..etc". What the manufacturer really says is it seems like it's only partial as it promised. Nevertheless, if this kit car sits next to a Lambo or Ferrari, it won't be under-looked.