Castlemaine Rod Shop Toyota V8 Conversions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hi iv just slaped a 1uz in my 85 2wd hilux.i need a custom sump az i have the midle mounted 1. can i buy 1 from u guys already made up??
any help cheerz.

G'Day Greg,

I just got a reply to an email from you about a Conversion kit for my '94 Toyota 4Runner manual 5 speed. I replied but this may be easier....

I've been told just now that you guys didn't previously make this kit to suit the V6 4Runners.... Could you just clarify that the kit you quoted me on, as per my email form, will suit a 1994 Toyota 4Runner RV6. With the large 5 speed gearbox. Not sure if it's the R150F or R151F as i've read different places supporting both....

Cheers
Bryan

Hi greg, just got 98 hilux running an having issues, the ring gear was 4mm bigger than original so every now an then starter wont mesh ,turn motor by hand a bit and it engages,I checked the mesh before I fitted to box and thought it was tight but figured you guys must know wot you are doin and fitted it anyways also slave cyl in kit was 21mm bore same as orig and doesnt get enuf throwout so I sleeved it down and used 19mm piston but still needs to be smaller, I was impressed by the quality of parts but dissapointed with the probs, have you had any other probs with ring gear?

I had a few 'issues' with my kit also. I emailed them a detailed letter and pics as it's easier than describing over the phone. Never got a reply..... Nice.

I know they read their email because when emailing for quotes etc they respond eventually.

CRS has new owners.

I'm not suggesting they're no good, far from it, I would suggest they may be struggling a bit to provide the first class service and product Rod used to provide.

Give them a little time and things will smoothe out. I think alot of went on in CRS was stored in Rod's head and not written down anywhere so picking up the pieces will be difficult.

I sent a few emails to CRS, back in Rod's day, to which I never had a response so it isn't just the new guys.

I had 'issues.' So I did try email, but that was about 5 weeks ago. Every email i've sent about quotes etc have been responded to, and this is post Rod days......

Just a couple of little wierd things. Like the dowels were the wrong size, and the pushrod for the slave cylinder was the wrong size also. And as it turns out (didn't know then) the clutch release bearing wasn't big enough for the pressure plate, the point of contact was on the end of the fingers. So I ended up with a fair few things to replace.
Plus I was asking about a problem with a large gap left at the bottom of my bellhousing when bolted to the gearbox. My R150F has the supra bolt pattern, but obviously has a slightly different box shape. I got around that after gettign an alloy plate welded in there for $20.....

Yeah, especially seeing as the bits and pieces came in a sealed plastic packing with the Supra Turbo/Coaster label plastered on it.....

ive had HUGE probs with my kit but it been a learning curve getting around them all.
wrong bearing and thrust carrier
wrong clutch fork
wrong slave for bellhousing.(but right for kit ordered)
bellhousing too shallow for input shaft (10mm)
bellhousing for diesel not petrol as ordered(throw on opp side)
but hey i only wasted 2 days with that lot so could be worse i supposed.

Yeah my slave cylinder is on the opposite side to original too. I hope my thrust carrier is right, didn't check that. It's in the workshop getting mounts made at the moment.

this is the main reason i hate doin looms at home and then sending them to customers

how can u be 100% it is goin to fit

there is alot of variants in the cars

diesel or petrol 4wd or 2wd auto or manual

i have wired up alot of 1uz and the engine position changes all the time

CRS, its amazing they are still trading, plenty of poor feedback, has anyone had a kit that went close to fitting? Has anyone had any luck with after sales service? May as well have sent me a brick in a shoebox as it would have been more usefull, but some how this is my fault????. Now they have the product in their possesion and my cash, and still no contact or support, one thing to say "BUYER BEWARE". This kit never even went close to fitting and CRS seems to busy taking fresh orders to care about sorting out previous clients problems, "If you have cash ring us and if you have a problem DONT", sorry but that is it in a nutshell.

What was your 'kit' for?

Incidently I had a heap of very expensive issues with my kit after what was my last post in here (old thread)

CRS are currently for sale.

I looked at it but it all got too hard.

Not sure what will happen in the future but I think it doesn't look too bright.