1995 1UZ Rod Bearing sizes? does difference matter?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tremor

Hey all,

Working on my first Lexus engine but I was a little thrown by this one during my rebuild I am doing on my 1995 1uz non VVTI. I have multiple places including videos and a lextreme post, Rods and Main Bearings post that all say based on the block, crankshaft and cap that have numerical markings which indicate what size bearing to use, there are six different sizes.

I have seen both in the post and a video they mention ordering each bearing separately depending on the size noted, my main question is will a regular set of bearings work? every set I have looked at include absolutely zero distinction between the sizes if there is one and it seems I am SOL from ordering them directly from any dealer.

Any advice? am I good to run a generic set? if not, where can the individual bearings still be ordered? any info on this is very hard to find

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Take your crank down to a machine shop to have them measure it up. They can advise you on the correct size set of bearings to fit. If it needs machining then they'll take care of that to suit the respect bearing sets available. If not, then it would be a good idea to have the journals linished anyway.

Hi Sam,

Take your crank down to a machine shop to have them measure it up. They can advise you on the correct size set of bearings to fit. If it needs machining then they'll take care of that to suit the respect bearing sets available. If not, then it would be a good idea to have the journals linished anyway.
Hey Ivan, Definitely on it about the crank polishing an have that one planned for next week but at least according to the machine shop the stock bearing sizes will be perfectly good to be run and I was told there wasn't much point it getting it cut for the certain journals as some of the journals could be undersized as well, at least I think that's what was implied.

So I am still a little stumped if that means run stock as in the slight under/over size OEM style ones that I have never seen being sold anymore or that an aftermarket set would run just fine.