high cold speed idle..1uz 1995

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

ok its cold, but only 0 c..

on cold start up it will rev at 1800-2000rpm..it will drop to 650 when at normal operating temp..

what could cause this? i assume this is not normal..

if it was idle control sticking open then it would have a high tickover when hot surley (cleaned it anyway)

same with an airleak too..(can't find one with smoke)

its not pulling any error codes...(other than where the F%%k are my secondary o2 sensors?it ain't got none)

thought about restricting the air feed pipe to idle control to keep high idle down, but really want to keep hot idle up (though in theroy restriction should not bother hot idle as using less air anyway..)but this is a bodge really..

Whilst we don't see zero degree temps too often in Australia, as we're sensible enough to live in a warm climate, I would think a high idle would warm the engine quicker and get the cats working faster which is what Toyota would need for emisions control.

It would also get cabin temps up faster which would keep the occupants happier as well.

Does it cause any problems or is it just annoying?

oh for warm weather.....i hate the cold!born in the wrong country me!

annoying and rather painful on the clutch and transmission .would like to get it down, to say 1100

oh for warm weather.....i hate the cold!born in the wrong country me!

annoying and rather painful on the clutch and transmission .would like to get it down, to say 1100

You can reprogram the ecu or use an aftermarket ecu maybe, but you are better off like the way it is. Mine does the same thing in cold. Its the warm up mode and i believe its programed like that for number of good reasons. Pretty much all the sensibly designed drive trains act similarly in cold weather (beside some German cars).

but that would effect everything dependent on engine temp...

i thinks restrict the air feed pipe into idle control valve, so limiting max air flow and hense max idle rpm...that ways everything should still be working as it should...

I put a washer in the idle hose just before the icv, tried a few different ones before I got the idle down to 1000rpm cold (650 hot)

anything over 1000rpm when cold was very annoying to drive, selecting drive would chirp the tyres or surge the car forward. but I do have a light car

u remember the size??(he asked hopefuly??)

i have a 38yr old car ..the gearbox (and transfer box) really dont like trying to go into gear at 1800-2000 when cold...and at £300 a clutch i am not too keen on slipping it to be able to do less than 20mph!

Mine does it sometimes, but it only take a minute or two to settle down, at most. Just be patient?

Attachments

• SC430 Side.jpg
    SC430 Side.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 55
I made a bush with a screw running through it axially and can adjust the idle down to whatever you like. Placed in the big tube going to the ISCV. I lost the high idle when cold and have to keep it going for the first 30 seconds or so after that it settles down to the slow idle it is set at. I live in a warm climate here. I have also blocked off the cold start injector and have no problems starting. May be different in a cold climate.