Can E85 be run on a 1998 SC400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
From what I have read on E85, it will corrode your fuel lines, fuel rail, and anything else along the way. The Flex Fuel cars have are fitted with corrosion resistant parts to allow for it. Also, most ECU's can't compensate for the added "fuel" dumped in (more E85 is needed to get the same power per say) so the car has trouble idling, and feels very sluggish and underpowered when driving. So, unless the car is a Flex Fuel car, I would avoid it.

It'll combust...
To my knolwedge. Toyota has yet to recommend E85 as a fuel in any engine manual.

I can tell you in all the old (Through mid 90's) Manuals they specifically state things like (Grabs his "Reprinted, Revised 2005" 1993 ES 300 owners manual):
"Gasolines containing alcohol
Gasohol is a mixture of gasoline and ethanol. If you use gasohol in your Lexus, be sure that it is unleaded, has an octane rating no lower than 87 and does not contain more than 10% ethanol. Lexus does not recommend the use of gasolines containing methanol.

If you use gasoline containing methanol, use only gasoline metting the requirements above and also containing less than 5% methanol with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors for methanol.
etc don't use anything else than the above, if you ahve any problems, stop using it, don't spill gasohol, it can damage paint.
blah blah"

It also says don't use fuels containing MTEB over 15%.

God bless Alabama. No emessions, no bad gas...
While not directly relating to your '98 1uz-fe. It runs my 3vz-fe v6 like a total dog. It's like retarding the ignition timing 10* from stock. Horrible performance. Maybe your v8's would work better on it. I hate it with a passion on the one engine I've run it on.

I wouldn't worry about the re-tuning so much. OBD-II fuel trims will account for some of it with long term trims with a little luck. Most Toyota's run horribly rich to begin with stock N/A. Low 11's into 10's is not uncommon once they hit open loop. The problem with power is just that. Alcohol doesn't pack the energy gas does. I've not seen a dyno on a flex fuel engine, but I'll just roll with the assumption (The mother of bad things to do) that having less energy, you can't *tune* it to make the same power.