Cam and Crank Sensors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaxPower

I have heard a few times there is a model of Ford that has a crank/cam/CID sensor that is a reluctor sensor but its output is a 12v or 5v square pulse (ie it does the conversion from magnetic sensor to hall effect style in the sensor head unlike the factory toyota that sends the magnetic signal back to the ECU) and it bolts in place with little to no modifications.

I picked up a sensor from an AU falcon today (its used for the cylinder ID, the sync pulse like the 1UZs cam sensors do) that looks to bolt right in place of the factory toyota sensors - got it home to figure out which of the 3 pins does what and it ends up that its just a magnetic reluctor sensor, the same as we already have.

Does anyone know what model and what function ford used a magnetic pickup with square wave out sensor for?

EDIT: This is the sensor from the AU Falcon... http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/pdf/sensors/speed_inductive/IA-C.pdf

what are you needing a square wave output for?

You can do it using the OEM Reluctance sensor and using a GM 4pin Ignition module.... This wil give you a 12v square wave pulse

Yeah can do that (got a few modules around the place) but its not as neat as a sensor that does it all in one.

The reson is the ECU i have does not have a proper zero crossing detector for reluctor sensors and as such loses sync during cranking sometimes. I have dealer access to the PC software and the error is "sync pulse before expected" - ie noise triggered it. Once running it does not get a single sync error, ever. Its not a huge problem just takes an extra engine rotation before it starts, but id still like it fixed.

some ealry efi fords use a 3 wire gear tooth sensor

these run on 12volts an dearth and a signal

i use these on autronics

last time i bought one was around 110 to 120 bucks

and for another 60 bucks i can buy specially made aluminium buckets which these sensors slide into and bolt up to them

then these buckets can be tigged to dizzy bodies for ease of removal

no probs

i hope to have my new website with new pics of these parts and other new stuff soon