Crank and Cam Sensor Polarity - Autronic SM4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1ndecent

I am wiring up my SM4, and was wondering if anyone can tell me the correct way to connect the crank and cam sensors to the SM4 so that the signal gives a positive voltage peak first to arm the internal reluctor adaptor, then falls to trigger the reluctor adaptor when the signal crosses 0V from + to -.

Also, I'm assuming that I need to use the cam sensor in front of number one cylinder for the sync reference?

Thanks,

Jasper

Red is positive, white negative. The white are joined at the rear of the wiring harness and are connected to the ECU ground.
Sheilded twisted pair is the best wire to use. It is better to wire them as close to the sensor as possible rather than further back. Ground both ends of the sheild to a solid chassis ground. Do the same for the crank trigger as well.
Use the cam sensor which gives you a pulse when #1 cylinder is at TDC, can't remember which one i used but pretty sure its the one on the drivers side, for right hand drive cars.

just my two cents;

I modified the crank trigger to work with an SM2 (1.93). Turned out that the right side (in driving direction) cam sensor is sending a signal at around 35 degrees BTDC