Calling all Crown-engines!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cacrawfo

Hello,
Maybe someone with a Crown engine can help me out.... My harness came with a few connectors smassed and/or missing. In the area of the Air Flow Meter, it looks like I have 4 connectors comeing off the main harness.....

One is for the AFM
Two come out at the same place and are for the twin ignitors...
The last one has me stumped, it is 4 wires, the connector is missing.... what goes here?

Also, on the other side of the engine where the AC compressor goes, what are the harnesses there for?

Thanks for the help!
Carl Crawford

The extra wires on the AFM side are more than likely for the alternator. The wires on the A/C side could possibly be battery connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wires for the throttle position and traction control are in a completely different place, this is coming out of the extension that serves the AFM and ignitors....

The alternator connector would have 3 wires, this is 4 wires....

Anybody out there have a crown engine running in something?

The engine is a 90'
Thanks!
Carl Crawford

I have a Crown engine running. My alternator has 4 wires running to it. The wires you speak of are for the alternator.

Last edited by a moderator:
ON my crown half cut the alt wires do not come out of the motor harness they come accross the guard. I think you`ll find that they are for the trac controll, you should have the same again on the other side of the motor. Wire colours are white with black trace (earth), blue with white trace, blue with yellow trace and blue. On the ac side of the motor these wires will go back to a plug at the top back of the motor, but the alt side ones are just spliced in to the loom and have no plug at the top like the others do.

Thanks Guts and OZvenon..... The wire I was wondering about is indeed for the TEMS (shock servo control) system..... there is another group of wires on the AC compressor side with the same color code.... they can be removed from the harness.

As long as we are playing the name-that-connector game... here is the lead on the AC side of the motor...

From the left:
AC compressor clutch
?? 4 pin connector ??
TEMS shock servo

under my pinkie finger is the starter main lead...

Anybody know what this mystery wire is?

Thanks for all the help! If we all work together we can make a knowledge base of the Crown wiring info....
Carl Crawford

The single wire is for the a/c clutch and the 4 pin is for pressure control valves on the compressor and or i think an oil level switch.
i have been playing with these for nearly 5 years now i should have lernt somfing by now.

oz.

Yep the single one is the ac clutch, the middle one is as oz has said, the one on the right can go and .... its self hehehehehehe as it is the trac controll/ shock bla bla bla.

Ah!
You guys are correct once again! the middle 4 pin is for the low pressure switch on the bottom of the AC compressor and the dump valve on the back....

Here is another question, not wiring related.....
On the "front" of the intake manifold, there are 2 little vacume nipples. The smaller one goes to the fuel regulator, where does the larger one go? It is not for the brake booster, it comes out the back and is much larger. Is there an AC idle-up solenoid on these motors?

cheers!
Carl C

Ah, OK! Won't be needing that.....

Did it terminate after the PS pump to a nipple in the bellows between the TB and the AFM? I do not have the bellows, so I am not sure what nipples it had in it besides the main connection to the idle speed motor...

Thanks!
Carl C

Here you go.

1st shows the ac wires

2nd pic shows where the little vac line goes to.

3rd pic shows the bigger one entering the pic in the top middle and going to the ps pump, then from that same fitting it comes back up to the hose that goes into the air box

OK,
So on the back of the intake manifold, there is a very large banjo fitting for the brake booster, and there is a really small vacume nipple. What is the rear vacume nipple for? Maybe vacume feed for the climate control?

PS, I am looking for a Crown ECT computer....

Thanks!
Carlc

Here is a pic of the back of the manifoled, the big hose you can see there is the heater hose but under it is the one that goes to the booster and the small hose next to it goes to the cruise controll.