Attention all Howe Bearing user!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rwdfreak

Just a quick note to tell you if you've been using the stock 82870 with the bearing inclueded you should inspect your clutch.

This is what it did to mine in only 200miles. The pressure plate was brand new (Toyota 7M-GE OE pressure plate) and the bearing seamed to turn freely.
DSCN0429.jpg
DSCN0431.jpg

The proper bearing to use is NSK 45TKD-07 or Toyota 90363-45002

Stangely the stock Howe bearing is also identical to the one used on Landcruisers p/n 90363-45079 (do not buy this one).

Here's how it look when instaled. It is 7mm thicker than the Howe unit and feature the same shape as any W58 OE trow out bearing.
DSCN0443.jpg

I've pulled about 1200 miles on it and it apears to do the trick just fine. Clutch feel is also more progressive. I did not took the clutch appart, but from waht I could see trough an access panel I've made in the bellhousing, there's no sign of wear caused by the bearing anymore.

The bearing that is on the Howe unit is flat faced designed for older style finger clutches and some diaphram clutches with the fingers curved for a flat face bearing,you need to use a radius faced bearing for diaprahm pressure plates

Ordered mine from the part number you supplied and was delivered the next day. Its an old Toyota Dyna light truck bearing.
Thanks for the heads up, saved my bacon !

This thread shows exactly what has happened to my pressure plate. It is also causing an annoying squeak when the clutch is applied and released.

I need to replace bearing but is there any advise on how to get the old bearing off and the new one back on without causing damage.

PS: Just as a side note, this is the second Howe unit I've had in 12 months (was bought new) as the first one had the chrome peel off the internal sliding cylinder which tore the rubber seals resulting in leaking fluid. If you experience a leak, this could be where its from.
IMG_0008.jpg