Howe bearing issues?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kollide

I am not doubting anyone on here but I have really read anyone having issues other than the incorrect bearing (flat vs. convex) Someone else commented on the Howe units wobbling I am just trying to find anyone documenting this. Also does anyone have experience with the T56 throw-out bearing. I have done searches on both of these subjects and haven't found the info I am looking for.

Thanks
Mike

P.S. I am truly not trying to offend anyone by asking these questions I am just never happy until I do all my research and sometimes that just means verifying what someone else said.

no one is using the t56 setup except for people that have bought my kit. if you want to talk to someone that's well known in the drift community that's using my setup I can put you in contact with them.
I tried both bearings on the howe and the only thing i can say is that the flat face one digs into the face of your pressure plate and leaves grooves in short order. But, I know of a few people that have had luck with them. There's a guy on supra mania that has 10,000 miles on his flat face howe so I guess the howe is ok if you want to try your luck, but you have two companies, myself and quantum both saying that the howe units have a high failure rate.

no offense taken btw.

well does it matter what clutch setup I run? I believe I finally found my flywheel and possibly my clutch so is there any worries about what clutch or pressure plate.

Mike

no one is using the t56 setup except for people that have bought my kit. if you want to talk to someone that's well known in the drift community that's using my setup I can put you in contact with them.
I tried both bearings on the howe and the only thing i can say is that the flat face one digs into the face of your pressure plate and leaves grooves in short order. But, I know of a few people that have had luck with them. There's a guy on supra mania that has 10,000 miles on his flat face howe so I guess the howe is ok if you want to try your luck, but you have two companies, myself and quantum both saying that the howe units have a high failure rate.

no offense taken btw.

Can you elaborate a bit more here please. What exactly is failing on the Howe ? Hydraulics, mechanical or the bearing and face problem ? I am about to install mine and now have alarm bells ringing here..

I bought a new bearing to fit the Howe , removed the old one . I bought the round face bearing from Toyota for the Dyna truck if I remember correctly..

the howe wobbles on the spacer when the clutch gets disengaged because of how far it sticks out past the guide tube. We think what happens is that the wobbling causes premature failure of the internal seal of the howe unit. If you go to quantum's site they have a picture of one with a torn seal. Pretty much the same thing that happened on about 5 customer cars now.
http://www.quantum-auto.com/store/
scroll down to the bottom and you will see that the howe unit gets chewed up because of the wobbling.

ironically though, they posted they still don't know why it gets chewed up. Guess that's a mystery solved there. I personally think they're going to have the same issues with the quartermaster units, it will just take longer because it's a way better quality unit. It does not change the fact that when the hyd. bearing is fully extended will wobble on the spacer because of how far out on the guide tube it is.
Pretty much any of the hyd. bearings that push from the back of the body instead of having a cylinder that pushes just the bearing out from the front of the the body will have this issue with these transmissions. Quartermaster makes another hydraulic throwout bearing that pushes the bearing out from the face of the body that works really good. Unfortunately it's about 260$ last time I checked.

well an important question would be does your adapter plate and the t56 throw-out bearing alleviate this issue? If so I would be down with ordering but I am always concerned about the long term if yours is gonna last I am down the corolla body isn't exactly v8/trans removal friendly.

Mike