Air/Fuel Ratio for 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Damien

For those who are running a programmable ECU, what AFR are you running at WOT? I know it'll vary somewhat from engine to engine but one dyno guy told me around 12:1 is what you want for an N/A engine and another said 13:1 is the go or even up to 13.5:1...

I now have a wideband AFR meter so I can do as much of the tuning of the Map-ECU myself before getting it tweaked on the dyno so I've kept it around 12-12.5:1 to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Attachments

• lux side on (Small).jpg
    lux side on (Small).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
What is lambda a measure of exactly? The AFR meter I have can show lambda or the AFR but I only understand AFR...

I'm still running the stock ECU so when it's in closed loop it's running at stoich.

Damien said:
What is lambda a measure of exactly? The AFR meter I have can show lambda or the AFR but I only understand AFR...

I'm still running the stock ECU so when it's in closed loop it's running at stoich.

Lambda is a ratio of the wanted A/F(Stoichiometric point) ratio, in our case 14.7 ie Lambda 0.8 is 14.7 x 0.8 or an A/F ratio of 11.76 to 1.

I already have a dyno chart of my car from when it just had extractors & exhaust which showed the AFR around 12:1 at WOT - is that what yours says as well? I was initially wondering if this was overly conservative.

nah mine gets closer to 11.0:1 right up at the high end of the RPM scale.
the graph is in the dyno section here.... in the crown dyno chart thread i think.

will be interesting to see what happens with an exhaust fitted. If after that things still seem pretty rich, i might employ a Greddy E-manage to fine tune the AFRs and tweak up the ignition timing (if possible)

Here's a dyno chart of my 2009 GS460 when it was bone stock! Notice anything?

GS460Dyno.jpg

1. Kinda surprised you were able to get it above 6700 with the stock ECU. What's that car rev limited to?

2. It's certainly pig rich from 5200 up to the rev limit! Was that with a tailpipe sniffer? Guess Lexus were taking no chances with letting it run lean at full load & redline.

1. Kinda surprised you were able to get it above 6700 with the stock ECU. What's that car rev limited to?

It revs up to 6700. That's where the rev limiter kicks in! Watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv7DbsDRWDQ

2. It's certainly pig rich from 5200 up to the rev limit! Was that with a tailpipe sniffer? Guess Lexus were taking no chances with letting it run lean at full load & redline.

Middle East GS460's are rated at 322hp instead of 342hp. That's how they rob us of horsepower!

Not many have tried this on the dyno
But when I drove mine for 30 mins with lc1 in tailpipe
Mixtures were perfect up until around 80 or 90 %
throttle then past that the ecu dumps fuel in and mixtures
Go down past 10
STD ecus I feel go better of the mark when u half or 3/4 throttle them
And if u full throttle them they run rich as all f
Maybe the 2 1/2 inch exhaust I had was restrictive
But anyway when ever I drove it below 3/4 throttle mixtures
Were fine
Full noise they went rich while on the road

I'm ready to take the plunge guys! Has anyone else tried this?
Is the ECU inteliigent and with every AFR alteration, pull back timing automatically?

I'm all set!

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg