fuel or air help???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bea_vis

I have a problem with my 1uz, yesterday it just started surging with a really high idle.
At first I thought it must be the IACV and pulled it down, cleaned it, adjusted it open a little and re fitted it without connecting the electrics to it. It idled low and coughed and spluttered a bit under load.

Today i tried running it and disconnected the AFM, which basically stoped the motor. Ran it again and disconnected the O2 sensors, they didnt seem to make any difference connected or not.

Them the motor cut out or stalled at low idle. After about 30sec of me standing there scratching my head, the fuel pump powered back up!!! WTF i thought, so I restarted the motor and turned it off and the fuel pump will remain on as long as the reds, instrument lights, are on???

Is there a fuel pressure sensor that could be RS or something else im missing.

the fuel pump seems to be wired correctly as i have read from so many different threads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
BTW its a uzs131, early model crown i believe

Thanks for the reply, weve had nearly 50mm rain today, and been drissling for about 4 days. I must have a rust hole in bottom corner of windscreen or in air vent or something cause i found water coming down onto the ECU. mmmmm

I relocated it into the passenger kick panel,(ln106 hilux) so i could get the air con fitted about a month ago. Might have to either find another spot till i can repair the leak. Might be better also in a waterproof housing too though.

I opened it up and there is moisture in there but there doesnt seem to be any burns to the CB's, will dry it out and try again tomorrow or a couple a days, depending on this dam rain.

Cheers