Advancing Timing without aftermarket ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dicko

...Is it possible? i'm looking to advance the timing to make the most of 100RON fuel without the incredible expense that comes with a dyno tune or aftermarket / piggyback ECU. Anyone got any backyard ways to notch it up a bit? If not, any ideas as to which would be the cheapest way to go?

any help is appreciated.
Cheers guys

Remove the trigger plate from the crank and move the keyway however much you want to advance the spark.
Trouble is it will change timing at all rpm and loads, even idle.

Leave it stock, you will not gain with more advance. 29 deg is adequate even on 12.5 to 1 comp and 98 octane.

The Apexi S-ITC will be able to change the timing, but they are very very hard to find.

Failing that another option is to make the Crank Angle sensor position adjustable, but that wouldn't be easy, and you'd have the same problem as above.

Would a tuning shop be able to fully tune it, A/F ratios, timing and all, without having to install a piggyback? As in a once off? Because i'm not looking for performance so much as maximum efficiency.

I don't drag or burnout or anything like that, and have changed to hi-flow air filter, oil filter, exhaust & removed the cats, as well as changed the O2 sensors. I run it on 100RON and now just want to get the most out of it as i'm not going to be modifying it further.

Fuel efficiency was shithouse at 15L/100km, have yet to test it since it's been back on the road but want a tune just to top it off.

Thanks for the replys guys