Project Thread 95 sc400 big single holset turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pas4116

hey everyone
i am new to posting,but old to reading from this site..
after reading for a couple of years now, i have noticed that more and more people are starting to turbo there 1uzfe's now...
i have learned a :censored: load of stuff from the few people that were kind and shared there experience in this forum...
so here i am about to start my own 95 sc400 single turbo project:afro: , so that everyone can see what i am doing and give there imput...
let's just start out by saying i am a normal dude that does not own a shop,or have any sponsers,so this is going to be grass roots stuff:headbang:
i am planning to do this entire project for under 3 grand installed,and reap about 450rwhp on a car that has 250,000 on the clock....i know it can be done,these cars are the ****.
so i know alot of you are like this guy is a idiot,3 grand it will never work,or it will be a total **** job.
but no i will get it done,thats why i am posting now, after reading for years i am ready.
i want to share this project with everyone here on the forums,so that maybe there is someone out there that is reading this,and follows this build,will go out and rip the **** out of there sc400 and turbo that beast too.........any comments :saevil:

the only way you'd ever get this done for $3000 is if you already own all the metal working tools, and equipment you need... welding gear, pipe benders, etc, because there's no way you could make it without these, and no way you could come in under $3000 if you're paying someone to make the exhaust, turbo manifold, intercooler piping, etc.

being a 1995 model, you've probably got the weaker piston rods.

chances are these won't take 450rwhp.

does this effect your $3000 budget at all? :p

you'll be needing to do some work on the transmission too.

450 rwhp is a little bit optimistic for $3000, but 300 rwhp is more likely possible, especially when your car has that high mileage. The concern is how long the car will last if you don't spend the required $$$ to prepare it right. You may know how to cut cost down to that point with that much power, so please go ahead and let us share your project. Don't be discouraged by my statement.

Anything's possible i guess, but unless you are the Ebay king and have picked up a barrow load of killer bargains it's gonna be a big ask. I can see you getting the main hardware under $3K maybe but ECU and support gear like fuel pumps etc??? just can't see it sorry.

Good luck trying though and plenty of experience here to help

hey guys thanks for your feedback,
i am the king of ebay,i do have everything set up already...
it' will be all in my book drc' guide to ballin on a budget-how to live for free or close to it....

alright here is where i'm at now
i have a clean 95 sc400--rods are just fine
i have already resealed the valve covers,retoruqed the heads,head gaskets are in great shape,
replaced the timming belt,new water pump,new crank seal,etc,etc
oil pan was removed cleaned and resealed...all this was done about 4 months ago..

as far as the tranny,i will be using a supra mark 4 tt auto tranny with some level 10 stuff already installed,lextreme toruqe converter..
i will be using the lextreme manifold flanges,drivers side manifold will have a cross over pipe where cat mounts used to be.
turbo will be a brand new holset,will sit right where the stock radiator fans was.i will be using the stock radiator that i have moved up an extra 4 inches with electric fans

i will be using a q45 fuel pump,q45 throttle body,custom intake manifold,egr delete kit.
i will also be using a old school 5 knob s-afc,rear o2 simmulators,and thinking of messing around with the maft system to get rid of my maf--anyone used this yet?and some other little electronics
trd fuel pressure regulator,i also have and this is where you guys come into play for suggestions,8 7mgte,7mge,dsm injectors to play with,whos had good luck with these?

the car has also been on a diet,lots of carbon,spare tire well cut out,what dosen't need to be there is gone or going to be gone.

thats where i'm at today,i am trying to get all this done by x-mas
car will be in miami by then so if anyone wants to see it i will be around...right now i am in east tennessee builing this,but i am back and forth..

also thanks to everyone who responded, i am a grown ass man a can take any comments from anyone,thats why i am now sharing this with you guys.
so please don't be affraid to hurt my feelings,give your honest opions..

Attachments

• P1010048.JPG
    P1010048.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 422
  • P1010045.JPG
    P1010045.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 417
  • P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 417
  • P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG