Supra TT Big Brake Upgrade for SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
What is so dangerous about the brakes and rotor? David you are conviced these rotors should go, I tell you it will work and I just need longer studs, that is it. I think this brake setup will be safer then stock with the new longer studs. The braking is great the ride is smoothe and tight.. I hate spacers but these are amazing....

I had a rear wheel fly off, lugs and studs broke with 3 full turns on the threads. That rear spacer I was using at the time did not have the hub fitment. I also had 500lbs sand bags in the trunk and was riding nos when that snapped and sent my rear wheel flying, and then I road on the rotor to a stop, crazy and stupid. This situation now is a better grab then those that snapped and spacer is 200% better. However, I will still get the longer studs asap,..I am sticking with these rotors as I really see and feel no problems...

Thanks Zir, that looks like a crazy tool, I got a sears down the street I will take your advise. I can't visualise how that tool is going to work but I will take your word for it.

Wow, THE STUD REMOVER, everyone needs one of these tools when at a bar trying to pic up girls...or else you may be going home alone:wank:

Oh man. I never seen or heard about this stud remover before. It's a good idea. But I visualize that in order to use it, we gotta work on the back of the hub. Put the hole of the stud remover onto the stud head, turn the remover's ring to fit snug around the stud head, and then use a socket wrench to turn the remover. And while turning, push the stud back out. However, I'm really concerned if by turning the stud itself, it might chamfer and enlarge the stud holes. The stud shoulder has grooves to keep it in place. Therefore, the new studs won't stay tight in the hub anymore.

If the studs on the hubs are really just that, studs, that just screw into the hub, it should work fine. You just slip the stud through the hole on the tool, and start turning. I used it on my studs that connect my headers to my cats.

STUD REMOVAL HOW TO -

Xir- I know you were only trying to help and I really appreciate it but I must say that tool is garbage and you owe me $24!!!! (just kidding) I can return it....That stud remover will only work on "screw off" studs. The SC400 stock wheel studs are "groved" studs and not screw in studs.

So what did I do next you ask? Well out of frustration I srayed all the studs with WD-40 waited 5 minuted, grabbed a big ass hammer and took one good angry hit at the front of the stud and to my suprise pop out the stud came. Then a strange thing happened and I began to smile and then proceeded to hammer away. Got all studs removed in 1 to 2 minutes, really a piece of cake...:veryhappy Here are the pic's....Going to purchase longer studs now....

Oh and I also tried the "STUD REMOVER" in the local bar last night and it didn't remove all the good looking guys either... In my opinion the tool is crap and needs to be flushed....:Flush:

yeah thats why i posted saying "if they are the type of studs that screw in" because ive never removed them before. Glad to see you got them off though, dont you love it when you get really mad, start hitting stuff, and it starts to go your way? lol

But yeah that tool doesnt come in a package so you can return it just fine, and its sears... pshhh

Having trouble finding longer wheel studs any ideas? Been to 3 tire shops and two auto parts store and nothing.. I can go to the dealer and get I think it is the newer LS400 studs but that will break the bank... Time to bust out the yellow pages and make a few calls...

I just really wanted to know if the studs are longer on the newer LS400 and are compatible with the sc400? Or is it another Lexus with the longer studs? I have no clue, and cannot search and find.

I still have my old dealer connections so I can find most any used parts.. However, I am thinking Downtown LA on Alemeda street near the Firestone exit. I should be able to match some studs there. I think there is about 20 or 30 tire and rim shops on that street. That is where I buy my tires and rims for dirt cheap. Good deals on wind shields and glass too....a little consumer tip for you local LA boys...

How about the SUPRA wheel studs? What do you think?

jibby said:
I just really wanted to know if the studs are longer on the IS400 and are compatible with the sc400? Or is it another Lexus with the longer studs? I have no clue, and cannot search and find.

I still have my old dealer connections so I can find most any used parts.. However, I am thinking Downtown LA on Alemeda street near the Firestone exit. I should be able to match some studs there. I think there is about 20 or 30 tire and rim shops on that street. That is where I buy my tires and rims for dirt cheap. Good deals on wind shields and glass too....a little consumer tip for you local LA boys...

How about the SUPRA wheel studs? What do you think?
That's right. I had a hard time locating the studs, too. Did you go to Kragen autopart store? They do have the studs. $2 each. Bring along your SC stud for measurement. If you can't locate the studs, let me know ASAP and I'll get them for you. I'm using 10 of them perfectly for the front. I'm also using IS300 studs(not IS400) from ARP for the rear. But the ARP studs are more than 1" longer than SC studs and won't fit with your lug nuts when you only use 5/16" spacers. Or you can use TRD studs for Supra. I remember Supra studs have the same shoulder diameter, shoulder length, and thread. But let them know how long of the studs that you want.

IS400? There is no such thing, maybe you guys need glasses:22: I said LS400 I think you all need to re-read.....I really don't know what you boys are talking about...he he....

Thanks Steve. I did actually try Kragen and they only had three studs bolts...I now got the info I needed thanks to you buddy so hopefully I will be able to wrap this brake job up tomarrow.... Oh and you were absolutely right about the hammer on the studs:hail: Thanks everyone.....:veryhappy

You guys are ruthless!!!....Beat on a man when his car is down..:smashfrea ..

Man, my car is out of commission with no brakes and on blocks, my 24/7 ride is one of the those 6 banger Toyota Landcruisers. You know the big Toyota with the straight six cylinders and the 24 valves, the under powered and inferior motor to the IUZ's. Yeah that car all day long.. Man....Now if that is not bad enough I am made a fool on a fine Lexus Forum caught saying there is a Lexus IS400.....Should I shoot myself now or later? :AR15firin :wiggle:

Just give me my ride back tomarrow with some good looking Supra big brakes that work and I will be good to go. See ya

OK, back to subject......

I found out what studs are longer and can be used on the Lexus 300's and 400's...

Would you believe the 71-76 BMW 3.0 CS,CSI,SL,S, SI and also the 68-71 2500 BMW's (REAR STUDS ONLY ON ALL) are three thread lengths longer then the stock SC400's Studs and fit in perfect....

However, I ordered "10" IS300 wheel studs from the Lexus dealer at $3 each and they should fit and be even longer. They come in tomarrow....

93 and newer SUPRA studs are fatter and won't work.. It's funny every part I look at on the SUPRA is always built bigger, better and stronger then the LEXUS parts... These SUPRA TT's are no joke, they are built strong....

jibby said:
OK, back to subject......

I found out what studs are longer and can be used on the Lexus 300's and 400's...

Would you believe the 71-76 BMW 3.0 CS,CSI,SL,S, SI and also the 68-71 2500 BMW's (REAR STUDS ONLY ON ALL) are three thread lengths longer then the stock SC400's Studs and fit in perfect....

However, I ordered "10" IS300 wheel studs from the Lexus dealer at $3 each and they should fit and be even longer. They come in tomarrow....

93 and newer SUPRA studs are fatter and won't work.. It's funny every part I look at on the SUPRA is always built bigger, better and stronger then the LEXUS parts... These SUPRA TT's are no joke, they are built strong....
I thought the Supra studs have the same dimensions as I spoke to the sales rep. from TRD a long time ago. Now I guess his mind had wandered off somewhere while talking to me. As regards to the Supra parts that are more superior in term of performance (not comfort) than the SC, it's kind of sad, hah? That's why a turboed Supra (either TT or swapped) can easily cost from $20K up to $150K. Crazy!