600 hp at the rear wheels of rx7

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rx7 s1 1uz

hey guys i am new to this forum and i got to say there is some really good info on this forum compared to others.

i am starting my 1uz build to go into my series 1 rx7 (wight of under 1000 kgs what i think is 2000 pounds). i wont to get 600 hp at the wheels is this possible with the base set up listed below

*1uz-fe motor with standard bottom end but will remove heads and get a steel head gasket to lower the compression for the supercharges
*get heads ported (if they need it, i will get them flow tested first to check or perhaps some one can tell me if i need to or not).
*ether after market cams or get standard ones worked (where can i get good after market cams from).
*was thinking of using duel eaton m62 supercharges with tunnel ram (unsure on what pulley size and what psi the m62 can handle)
*larger injectors
*after market ecu
*after market fuel pump

*i don't think i will need to do anything to the valves or springs if i am wrong do say so

plus lots painstaking fun fitting it all plus lots of little other bits

cheers any tips from people that have worked a lot on the 1uz motor would be good thanks

o and it will have a 10 inch fly wheel with heavy duty clutch running a hilux gearbox to help get that power to the rear wheels (dumping the auto)

Fantastic, I fellow 1uz into first gen rx7 guy. I'm just getting started on a 1uz into series 2 rx7 myself. There is a guy over you neck of the woods who has done it on a convertable.

So far I've got the engine, coverted to rear sump ( I hope it clears the crossmember lol) organised the auto (full manual ford c4 with dellow converter) and are picking up the torque converter on the weekend.

Just need to get a diff organised, and I can pull out the smelly noise 4 gallon drum and give the rx7 some v8 goodness.

have fun

Simon

Fantastic, I fellow 1uz into first gen rx7 guy. I'm just getting started on a 1uz into series 2 rx7 myself. There is a guy over you neck of the woods who has done it on a convertable.

So far I've got the engine, coverted to rear sump ( I hope it clears the crossmember lol) organised the auto (full manual ford c4 with dellow converter) and are picking up the torque converter on the weekend.

Just need to get a diff organised, and I can pull out the smelly noise 4 gallon drum and give the rx7 some v8 goodness.

have fun

Simon

good on you mate keep me updated on any problems you come across fitting it. did you make your sump or find a rear sump for 1uz. yer would like to know if it does clear the cross member keep me updated but saying that it doesn't mater to much for me as i am going to have the blower sticking out the bonnet

Check the Classifieds; someone was recently selling a custom 1UZ inlet manifold for GM 6-71 blower. Buy that, add a bug-catcher, and you'll have a real head turner!

Check the Classifieds; someone was recently selling a custom 1UZ inlet manifold for GM 6-71 blower. Buy that, add a bug-catcher, and you'll have a real head turner!

cheers mate it would look unreal. and the 6-71 blower would be able 2 produce my target of 600 hp, if any one has 1 i would be interested in getting 1

You seen the S1 1UZ twin turbo down south? Featured in Percormance Car mag.

if you are adding ECU add a new harness to the list, also add an intercooler and fittings for the oil feeds etc... add valve springs too... the stock are pretty weak and will probably float. The stock heads flow like crap. I am getting some at the moment for a friend to port and put in larger valves and uprated springs and spec some cams from Kelford. My goal is 600WHP too...

You seen the S1 1UZ twin turbo down south? Featured in Percormance Car mag.

if you are adding ECU add a new harness to the list, also add an intercooler and fittings for the oil feeds etc... add valve springs too... the stock are pretty weak and will probably float. The stock heads flow like crap. I am getting some at the moment for a friend to port and put in larger valves and uprated springs and spec some cams from Kelford. My goal is 600WHP too...

i have seen a blue s2 but not a s1. yep i will have new harness, what ecu are you using? link?. how much are the new cams going 2 be or you getting your standard 1s modified? thanks 4 the info about the heads and valves etc il get all of it done

what you putting your 1uz in

did you make your sump or find a rear sump for 1uz. yer would like to know if it does clear the cross member keep me updated but saying that it doesn't mater to much for me as i am going to have the blower sticking out the bonnet

I fitted a rear soarer sump. I actually don't know if its gonna fit yet, as the smelly rotary is still in there. I have seen a rear sump clear the crossmember of a gen 2, seeing as the sump cleared on that with an identical engine, I fail to see why the gen 1 won't. Failing that I own a Tig and a angle grinder and arn't afraid of either lol.

have fun

Simon

i have seen a blue s2 but not a s1. yep i will have new harness, what ecu are you using? link?. how much are the new cams going 2 be or you getting your standard 1s modified? thanks 4 the info about the heads and valves etc il get all of it done

what you putting your 1uz in

Yeah I am running a Link Plus G3. Kelford sell new cams ground off blanks, so Its a slightly better solution than welding on etc. New cams around $1500. But add the valves, shimless buckets, retainers, springs, fluids, cometic gaskets etc becomes expensive!