5.7L Tundra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I heard the 3UR engine has independent VVTi. Each bank has their own VVTi control which will be very hard for any standalone to control.

Yes, all 4 cams, both intake and both exhaust have vvti where-as the 1st vvti systems on the 1uzfe had it only on the exhaust. It works by rotating the cam(s) in relation to each other and to the piston timing.

Now the Toyota 2ZZ-GE used in the Lotus Elise with 190hp used the VVTL-i system which uses a system very similar to the Honda Vtec which has a hydraulic activated high RPM follower. This changes lift, duration and timing by switching total cam profile between a low RPM and high RPM profile.

The result is 190hp from 1.8 liters = 105.5hp/liter... or...
the same output on the 1uz at 4 liters = 422hp
in the new 1ur found in the LS460 = 485hp
in the 2ur found in the IS-F = 527hp

variableliftdiagram.jpg

toyotamotor.jpg

Also, intake & exhaust cams are controlled differently. One set has some sort of direct electronic control, while the other set uses the standard oil pressure method to change phase.

I can see why an SC, very ambitious (and cool, and respectable, and holy wow) project, but in an LS you'd have some breathing room under the hood and the sleeper factor would jump by an order of magnitudes, with room for remote turbos at a modest 6-7psi? bigger tires would also be less noticable against the larger body, both already weigh a ton.

either way, vroom.

I would love the 5.7 swap, even just N/A. 385 engine hp, thats not half bad. Only thing keeping me from calling all the local dismantlers is the weight. I have spent $3500 (roughly) on suspension mods and don''t want the front end any heavier. I really want the 4.7 tundra block but don't know about the added 82lb from the iron. LS570TT -thats scary lol....

As for the swap, sadly... the SC has more room. It's just longer, another 3-4'' front to back length and am pretty sure the width is the same. It's hard to locte room for a SINGLE turbo and thats the battery floor but in an SC... whole diff story. With the added length 2 snails, heat shields, huge IC. Lots of room for the extra icing.