5.7L Tundra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Guys,

Just want to show you some pictures of the 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L engine. If there is any specific angle or part you want to see, please let me know. The engine stands at 34" tall (from bottom of the sump) and 31" (edge to edge valve cover) wide and 30" long (with fan). So do you measurements guys. This engine has 8 rib belt along with timing chain. I also noticed water pump and start are easily access from outside.

wait those are aluminum block? **** i want one now.

on that note i need a very spicific picture of it..... the picture i need is of it sitting in my garage, so just pallet it up and ship it over, you know my address.

The market value for this engine from a local wreck yard is about $12,000 and if you can find one. I stole this one. Literally!

The market value for this engine from a local wreck yard is about $12,000 and if you can find one. I stole this one. Literally!

I almost bid on it! You dont know how close I was. Its still in my watched items as a ended auction. At the end of the day I'm glad I didnt run the auction up on you, kind of worked out in a much better way! :)

sooooooooo maybe SC570TT ????

I like the newer EGR design... looks like it has an "even" effect on all the exhaust ports by using what looks like a "egr header" snugged up above the runners. Clean :33:

what plans do you have to improve it?
I have a 5.7 tundra and I want more but have to stay N/A.

Attachments

• IMG_0842_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0842_1_1.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 30
I need to open up the longblock and see. I am sure good exhaust and cams will definately going to help. The exhaust port is very big. If you guys think removing the starter on the UZ is tough, you should see the UR. The header on the passenger is covering it. So you will need to remove the header into order to move the starter. This will be very tough in a smaller frame car.

$12,000 for that engine is the going rate now..WOW...Expensive my friend as I thought they were becoming affordable.. This means you purchased it for around $400 or so, I would guess..... Good steal Lex... You should resell it on Ebay and make $10 grand... Then hop back on craigs list and recycler.com and buy a few more...

I've been looking for a few restorable vintage cars for a few months now but have come up short... The search continues... Would love to grab a beat up 67 GT500 and turn it around...

What does one do with that 5.7 tundra motor? Can it be boosted safely? What does that beast come rated at in stock form?.. I am guessing around 350bhp or so.. In an SC4 that would have a nice little N/A pop to it for sure but you would still need boost it to do any real damage.. Alot of liters to play with and size does matter.....

Now were talking Lex, with that TRD charger sitting on top of the motor you are now getting a good kick for sure..... Good luck trying to squeeze all that motor under the hood of an SC400/Soarer... A swap into a SC4/Soarer an you may need to incorporate a funky hood scoop of sorts to pull it off...Very nice though...

500bhp will move mountains.. Faith too...

nice tri-y headers.

At first the pairing of 5 and 7 surprised me as those 2 cyl fired back to back in the uzfe with its firing order of 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

After MUCH searching it appears firing order has changed on the ur series to 1-8-7-3-6-5-4-2 which has the only back to back firing on the same bank with 2 and 4.

The EGR is curious. Why sample more than one source? Seems to be a costly and needless complexity. Opinions?

BTW, there is NO egr on my 1999 1uzfe as it is actually done with the vvti and rated as a LEV or "low emission vehicle" vs. the newer ULEV or "ultra low"

I heard the 3UR engine has independent VVTi. Each bank has their own VVTi control which will be very hard for any standalone to control.

they do... look at the 3uz.. it has a "cone" cover over the front head only having enough room to enclose a SINGLE VVTI cam. The tundra has a cover too (its vvti duh) but it has a MUCH larger cover... perfect size for both variable cams on each bank. This is high tech... havent seen any v8's v/ both... 2rz does doesnt it?