4 X 4 Competition Winch Hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Hello

Well we have yet another conversion to do. This one is for a customer from Auckland New Zealand( about an hour north of my shop) who wants a single cab 1994 LN106R hilux fitted with a 1UZ. He requested that it be fully road legal to comply with the class he wants to compete in and it's alot more fun if it can be driven to work.
The ute already has had the exterior painted and a suspension lift with springs and EFS shocks. In the photos we have lifted the body 40mm. The customer supplied the body lift kit which was meant to be 50mm but the supplier got it wrong but reduced the price so the kit was kept and we fitted it. Of coarse we removed the 3L which was the factory equipment. We are sticking with the G52 gearbox and transfer box. The complete ute is quite tidy which always makes a conversion nicer to do.
Some of you may know that I supply bolt in mounts for hilux / surf / 4 runner owners doing lexus conversions. We are using this conversion to design and manufacture mounts for the same vehicles that have had body lifts. The ute as pictured has another customers motor in as the second customer has a lifted Surf and needs the new design of mount. The Surf is a KZH185 I believe and we have made a custom sump to solve clearance issues around the diff. This motor will be removed to paint the engine bay.
The LN106R is getting a front sump. We have found that the rear sump soarer headers fit nicely when the bodies are lifted so will most likely use some of these for the job.
I am preparing a soarer motor for the job. I hve already done the tappet cover gaskets and resealed the half moons. The motor is getting a good cleaning which is shown.
In the future the ute will get air locking diffs and the tray cut down.

More photos as the job progresses

In the background is a RX7 which should be receiving a 1uz soon

Cheers

Oo..I'll be following this one..:banana: :fing02: :notworthy: :headbang: :friday:
BTW what did you use to clean it?looks like it's just doing a fine job..lol

I have a tergo product called AL18 for cleaning all aliminium. I start with a degreaser then move onto AL18 and a brush and work over the whole motor then waterblast off. All holes have been taped up to stop water getting in. It's a good job to be doing on a sunday at the workshop all by myself. Very enjoyable. Cheers

Some more progress has been made. Alternator and powersteer pump have been fitted. We used a soarer(SC400) pump and idle up valve and fitted a celsior (LS400) reservior to it. Starter was tidied up - brushes and bearings done and fitted with cable. I cranked oil pressure and compression tested before fitting the manifold. Oil pressure took about 20 seconds to come up which is good for a motor which has been sittind a while. I did prime the pump with engine assembly lube when the sump was off swapping to a front sump. The mounts which we supply ourselves have been fitted. One photo shows how clean the motor is inside. Tappet covers and heads were the same. The painter is ready for the ute so hopefully we can slip the motor in very soon. Cheers

Vehicle now has it's own motor in the hole. We are working on a new high lift gearbox crossmember. Radiator photos will follow. The wiring should be started by the end of the week using the new G4 link Storm. Cheers

Hey Kelvin the Lux is looking good but you better pull finger so we can have more pics eh hehe, And have you had any luck on the YN130 mounts.?? Cheers Hayden

I saw one of your questions on trade me and it reminded me. We have made one set for another job and they worked perfectly. I will chase my tech tomorrow to see when yours will be ready. Cheers.

More progress shots.

Ute has had its own front sump motor fitted after the bay was painted. Soarer exhaust manifolds fit in this body as it has a solid front end. Gearbox and clutch installed. Custom gearbox crossmember moving gearbox up into the body again after the lift. Member is designed to be strong and give more ground clearance. Fuel pump as been adapted - we use this system on most non EFI cars we convert. This makes the fuel pump quiet and it can't get knocked or damaged. Next the wiring of the newly release link G4 storm has began. ECU is being mounted high under the dash with the relays behind the glovebox which has been cut to allow easy access. The snorkel has arrived and we have had to settle on a LH one so manifold will be swapped around for that. Hopeing to make noise tomorrow or saturday. Cheers

haha.. you try that hole..!!:fing26: it didn't look that bad but...it was like a hole in a hole..lol..anywayz..did ya get the afm I sent you Kelvin?How was the packaging..hehe ,hope it came out ok as this was all i had time to do to get it to ya.Ya mate that's done the Auto to hilux tranx..did he use any standard bits?as when my manual shyts itself..i'm looking at a auto option manualised..I've gotta drop the gbox to change out the thrust bearing..zzzz it's starting to make noises already and the big end seal is leaking now also..I'm putting my starter thing I spoke to you about as being low batt power...They were quite low(both batts) and I've charged them and it's fine..

hi, im new to this forum and in the process of doing the same swap. your build looks sick! i was wondering if you can give more info on the wiring as this is gonna be the biggest problem for me. what is this "G4 storm" you said? any info would be most welcome. thanks

The G4 storm is the lastest Aftermarket ECU from Link. It is easy to wire and has excellant features for the money. This truck is now up and driving. Deck has been cut down to the owners instructions and will be off to get legal in the next few days.

it's all done

Well our conversion is all done for now. Motor in , wired and aftermarket ECU all tuned. Deck cut down with decking timber and roll bar fitted. Twin battery boxes. Very strange to be in a 4x4 with the rear end snaking down the road. Customer was introduced to his new truck and it was off to one of his sponsers for a rear mounted winch and race seats. Then it will be certified to make it road legal.

Another Happy customer

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1198 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1198 (Large).jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 23
Nice one Kelvin..Is the chasis been chopped down? and Howz the ecu and power it putting out..?interestingly I'm thinking of the hilux for my next truck..lol..hats off kelvin cheers