334 RWHP Single Turbo-Stevechumo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Something new is coming along! Before the main picture, I have some teaser info and pictures.

I'm running 8 RX7 fuel injectors with 460cc/min and a AEM standalone ECU made for 93-98 Supra TT. However, with a handful of knowledge and magic of Mitch Pederson, he made it work on my 95 SC400 single turbo. He also helped to sort out the bugs from the ignition timing and fuel issue. I couldn't thank him enough.

Picture 1: ARP head studs and Cometic head gaskets are used. I had to re-torque 2 times. It's holding up so far.

Picture 2: Engine after the dyno.

Picture 3: Dyno result from 13 lbs of boost. I'm glad with the power curve. It made 334 rwhp and 371 rwtq.

I'd expect more rwhp & rwtq with 13 psi, but somehow the dyno machine showed a lower number from what I expected. The dyno machine is a single roller Dynojet with a somewhat old computer so I don't know if it read correctly. I'll take my car to another Dynojet machine to see if it's any different. If it's the same, then it's time for a bigger turbo. The turbo already was maxed out. It's a T04 turbine with 60-1 compressor housing.

However, I'm very happy with the result. The car ran very strong and smooth.

attachment.php

Any chance of a picture of the exhaust system from manifolds to the turbocharger?:)

Cheers!!
Here's my complete thread for building it. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9841&highlight=single+turbo

Note that all pictures in my thread are all messed up, which means they're not my pictures. This is because of the merging of the forum's database last month. I can't promise that I'll repost the pictures because there's a lot of othem, but I'll do that when I have the time.

Last edited:
Yes, I've read about your project, and I could only see two pictures... And it seems, that it's the same thing with other projects threads, commentary but no photos.

But thanks for help:)

You're welcome, my friend. It's not exactly the same thing because the original style couldn't fit in there without removing the engine, so I had to redo it. However, it's still based on the original concept. I'll try to post them up when possible.

Make a video at a secret location in a van....

ohhh errr sounds a bit rude to me.........

I know what you mean by "cleanly"...LOL. The big disadvantage for us here in this part of CA is there's only one 1/4 mile track and it's only opened once a month. So when it's opened, hundreds of cars line up and the chance to run your cars is only once and two are the most, if you're willing to wait for another 4 hours for the 2nd run. I believe it's time for us hotrodders to lobby some local politicians to re-open the tracks that were closed. :D

From my readings, a high stall speed torque converter will make the dyno machine read low. So if that's true, then my car should have around 380 rwhp because its official dynoed rwtq is 378. Then that's what I want to see. I'm thinking of customizing the other driver's manifold for better efficiency. Time for more boost.

Any new takedown stories steve? I'm trying to get myself phyched for this summer break. Finally picking up an SC.
Yep..Now I have both custom headers that merge together, then go to the bigger turbo 67-1 in the front. I used 1 stock header before. Everything is pretty much bolted up. I'm just waiting for the paint to dry on the downpipe. Hoping to see an increase in power. Will need to retune it anyway.

I went to the dyno yesterday and the car is dynoed at 345 whp with boost creep to 22 psi, therefore, the dyno guy had to let off the gas early. The car couldn't make full power yet. I intended to stop the boost at 15-16 psi, and the car could have made more power if the boost controller is set up correctly at 15-16 psi. Since it's a free dyno session, they didn't let me adjust the boost. The torque must be somewhere near the 400 rwtq.

If my engine is prepared for 22 psi, then imagining what rwhp that 22psi of boost it will make. I'll come back for more. :p

1 thing due to the improvement in boost is because now I have both custom manifolds. The stock driver side manifold stopped the boost at 14 psi, and I couldn't go further before.

Wow Steve, 22psi? I sure hope you were running C16 or some other octane enhancer! That's definitely getting into grenade territory on pump gas.

That's correct John. It's scary. Luckily I told the dyno guy to let off the gas at 15 psi, although the boost came on so quick to 22 psi. I think he let it off right before the power can kill the engine. The car was originally tuned at 14 psi and it runs too rich. So I'd guess it's in the safe zone for 17-18 psi. But 22 psi...Pew!

I never feel easy when the car is on the dyno.