31 rwhp with Stage II cams (VVTi)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Got this email from my customer.

Hi David
I would like to thank you so much
Yesterday we get our ls400 on the dyno
The baseline which is before the cams
Was 237whp with unichip ecu
After cams it hit 268whp
And we tested it on the road with moded 350z non revup (long headers .spacer.hks cat back) we stayed side by side till he changed to 4th gear
And we assume if we used our nose he will not catch us
Just want to share with you what we had
Thanks

David, very interesting news. I this person a member of Lextreme? Any more details on the car? I presume he means nitrous when he mentions nose?

David, very interesting news. I this person a member of Lextreme? Any more details on the car? I presume he means nitrous when he mentions nose?

He is a member but hardly post. The email above was from a 1998 LS400. Right now he only has the cams and unichip. Stock with Unichip and Cams with Unichip. Gain was 31 rwhp. With a proven SS headers he would gain around another 25 rwhp (if i remember correctly from your post). That is an increase of 56 rwhp. Wow...

so this is a vvt-i 1uz with completely stock intake/exhaust, just cams and unichip? interesting..

these are the stage 2: 274 duration 385 lift cams right?

how lumpy does the car sound with 274's. my explode with 272 is pretty lumpy and I love that sound so how does these cars sound with the cams

That's what I need to find out. I have the none vvti. And in the next few weeks I'm wonting to get the cames. That is if it is compattible