1uzfe into RA65

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kameleon25

Hi all. I just recently aquired an '85 Celica GT-S (RA65). The engine is fine and has a few mods like CAI and A/C removed but it has probably seen better days and is lower in power than my bone stock 22re in my '93 hilux. So after talking to one of my good friends he is willing to sell me the 1uzfe out of his 92 sc400. After reading a good bit I see that the stock RA65 transmission can be made to work with an adapter plate or new bellhousing. The exhaust manifolds may need modification to clear stuff like the steering rack. And mounts are probably full custom.

I do have a few questions though.
Has anyone made some plug and play mounts yet?
What is the most cost effective way to mate the engine to my existing transmission, adapter or new bellhousing? All I am getting from my friend is the complete engine, not a transmission.
I will probably need a wiring harness and ecu since this engine had a slight engine fire so I will probably just get that from the junk yard. Also the conversion to the celica isn't an issue wiring wise since we do wiring harnesses for mr2's all the time.
What besides the obvious seals/gaskets and sensors would I need to replace or test while the engine was out? This is my first v8 in any toyota. All my others are just high power 4cyl engines. :)

I look forward to any and all guidance on this.

Well I did a little more research this morning with a good nights sleep and it appears there are plug and play mounts! http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=48&step=4&pid=269

Now I guess my main concern is this: For the bellhousing, which would be better to use: the full bellhousing replacement like ksracing sells with an external slave cyl and clutch fork OR get an adapter plate and mate the 1uz automatic bellhousing and use the quarter master internal mounted slave cyl?

From the looks of it the quartermaster internal unit would be better since the external one sits mighty close to the pass side exhaust. Any input on this?

To be honest I can reinforce them on the sides with some more material. Just the basic placement is what I was looking for. Or do you know of some others that work for the RA65?