1uz turbo questions and such

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drift937

well i couldnt find a intro area. but my name is cody and i am planning on putting a single turbo 1uz from a 92 ls400 into my 240sx drift car. now the question is... if i put a turbo to a stock 1uz with bigger injectors, how much boost can i run to it and what power can it make. lets say rough outline on 10psi.

Possibly 400 h.p ?
For a drift car you want early long power band without too much peak top end. So the choice of turbo would make it critical to control power slide..
I guess a T04Z with .84 A.R turbine ??
Power would be limited to rotating assemblies strength..
It's torque your after..

I just picked up a single HX35, going to see how it does on my 1uz. Hopefully I'll have my ghetto manifold made (both headers flipped around, and merged into a single T). So hopefully it'll be mocked up before the end of the week.

it spools instantly on my car. The moment I step on the throttle the boost goes straight to one psi.

Definitely gotta wait on the injectors before I go and have too much fun ha ha

I have a single turbo 1uz surf with a TDO7 and it makes 250rwkw on 10psi. I am presently finishing and tuning a twin turbo 1uz RX7 which made 247.8psi on 8psi on its first power run. It spools down low and is absolutely nuts to drive. Both are stock motors with bigger injectors and aftermarket ecus.

What are you tuning it with?

Currently an SAFC without any o2 sensors, (which is stopping the fuel relearn). I'm also on stock injectors, and I haven't been leaning out whatsoever. When I'm in boost, I see 10:1 still, but I haven't fully redlined it.