Twin Turbo 1UZ goodness!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OMG, I think one of our dogs could probably fit into those turbo inlets :)

How big are those?

JBrady - bumped the comp up to 10.9:1 CR, put in 1/2' head studs and new Argo Rods, that's it everything else is the same.

cribbj - they are babies, 62mm cast wheel Garrett GT35R's, with T3 1.06 rears.

Interesting. I take it you are running e85?
Of the parts that would need replacing I am surprised you feel the need on the argo rods. Did they show signs of a problem?
I am always a bit wary of going to the larger diameter head bolts as that removes material from the alloy block which could counter the strength gains. Did you consider stock diameter ARP or equivalent studs instead?

Twin 62mm compressors are now considered "small"!!!
I remember back in 1990 when the 60-1 was considered BIG!

yeah it's on E85, the twin 62's haven't been an issue to spool up since getting the converter and tune right, takes about 2-seconds to go from idle to full boost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CGVBrZwYH4 we are looking at new Precision 6466 turbo's, we should see similar spool time but signicantly more power.

the rods weren't an issue but we will eventually be taking this to 1350-1400hp and the rods saw alot of work, 38000kms of street driving and 400 1/4 mile passes. everything needed a holiday.

we talked about the head studs, we will go a different way with the next bottom end that gets done. a bit more thought is going into that. we think we may stay with the 10mm head stud and do some other little mods.

Outstanding. No doubt was a LONG weekend!

What does it weigh with driver?

What are you hoping/expecting... high to mid 7s in the 170s?

Not many sub 10 second cars have such a smooth idle!

Did you ever get a max number on the stock cams?

Outstanding. No doubt was a LONG weekend!

What does it weigh with driver?

What are you hoping/expecting... high to mid 7s in the 170s?

Not many sub 10 second cars have such a smooth idle!

Did you ever get a max number on the stock cams?

it's 3120lbs with driver, give or take a big meal :p

the exhaust is off still will quiten down and smooth out a little more, very happy with everything so far.

when it had the stock heads/cams it went about 450rwhp@16-17psi (thru Powerglide) on 98-octane pump gas (93-octane in US) it ran a 9.8@136. then Bain Racing ported the heads, did the cams went 675rwhp@22psi, 9.0@151

oh almost forgot, it won't be able to run any quicker than it already is, those turbo's are maxed out, the GT35R's are only 600hp turbo's. when the new Precision 6466 go in will squeeze a lil more power, maybe push 1350-1400hp with this motor, should get into the 7.8's with that power.

Is the new intake manifold destined for this motor as well?

nah that intake manifold won't work with these heads, new intake is high port. This motor will just see new turbo's, we are only gonna push this motor to 1300-1350hp, the new bottom end will get all the new goodies, see if we can't squeeze 15-1600hp out of it without killing everything lol

15-1600hp out of a street driven 4 litres will be an awesome achievement....show those 2J fanbois what a real engine can do ;)

yeah, should be good if we can get it all working. won't be a lag monster like the 2JZ is with that power also :p hopefully the new turbo's will be better and spool up as quick if not quicker :D