1uz swap into s1 rx7 now complete

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

celos23

hi guys this is my project rx7 has been on the go for the past 18 months the 1uz fitted well with very little mods needed we spaced the cross member 20mm and made a custom sump fabrcaited new mounts to the existing crossmember and modified the original g box crossmember using a w57 gearbox, bellhouing and flywheel i picked up from trade me using s4 rx7 4pot callipers vl commodore discs rx5 disc/drum backend goes very well was worth it

having a few problems uploading pictures first time hopefully i can suss it out

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 43
Celos, Congratulations! Nice swap & very clean. Looks like it was made to go in there. How's your diff holding up?

cheers it fitted quite nicely diffs holding up so far may have to look at a hilux upgrade in the future :)

Very nice! From that camera angle, to me, your car looks like a mix of RX7, MKIII Supra, and 'vette.

Have you been on the scales with it?

yes definatly different :) many people ask what it is hope to get on the scales next week it doesnt feel much different than when the 12at was in it that was making 400hp it is alot smoother and nicer to drive ill report back

thanks muzza good luck with yours, its definatly worth the effort mine will be up for sale soon have been offered a really good deal on a house so must part with the 7 feel free to ask if i can assist in any way cheers marcel

s1 on the scales today

hi i put the 7 on the scales today with a full tank of gas and my dog he weighs 16kg it weighed in at 1160kgs minus dog weight 1144kgs im guessing its quite light off for a wheel alingment tomorrow then some road tuning hopefully after that ill get a power run on a dyno somewhere has crown log manifolds on it which will be restricting it

cool thanks for that info muzza it handles just the same as it used to i cant tell the difference except the v8 power is alot more fun

yeah, all that extra torque to play with. It will be interesting to see how much this Series 2 we're doing weighs once the glass is put back in. The cage probably weighs about the same as all the guff we've removed, so will be nice to find out.

im guessing they will be very similar mine has a half cage and all the guff removed will have to catch up i come your way often