1uz swap into s1 rx7 now complete

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sump

the sump is made out of 3mm mild steel has been well baffled 5l capacity was originally a mid sump engine the original one sat right on the cross member we used a heavy duty mr2 turbo clutch kit the thrust bearing from this kit did not work so we used one from a commodore rb30 engined one got 2mm i think lathed out so it fitted the toyota shaft running a link v5 ecu bosch 910 + vl comodore turbo fuel pumps surge tank

the sump leaked the first time we put it on, we used silicon to seal it so we took it off had it surfaced brought some gasket paper i think it was 30 $ from repco for a sheet made up a gasket and still had half a sheet left over

hi i put the 7 on the scales today with a full tank of gas and my dog he weighs 16kg it weighed in at 1160kgs minus dog weight 1144kgs im guessing its quite light off for a wheel alingment tomorrow then some road tuning hopefully after that ill get a power run on a dyno somewhere has crown log manifolds on it which will be restricting it

That's a good weight mate, i weight my BMW E30 V8 with 1/4tank of gas but full sound system (2xsubs,Big ported box,3 amps,thick mounting plate for amps,Big battery) it weight 1245kgs so yours is probably 40-60kgs lighter than my one with a full tank but without the gear id say.

Mind you mine will more than likely make a bit more power.

You will love the power to weight ratio trust me!

Are you going to utilise the series 4 bonnet scoop for the intake?

Attachments

• new-post.jpg
    new-post.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 76
power to weight ratio is awesome i do love it :) im still thinking about the intake would be nice to use it i was thinking of using a foam airfilter straight off the intake and making a air box below it, pod filter hits the bonnet seems a waste of the scoop if i use a intake pipe to move the pod clear of the bonnet any ideas would be appreciated

power to weight ratio is awesome i do love it :) im still thinking about the intake would be nice to use it i was thinking of using a foam airfilter straight off the intake and making a air box below it, pod filter hits the bonnet seems a waste of the scoop if i use a intake pipe to move the pod clear of the bonnet any ideas would be appreciated

Ive spoken to and heard from various very reliable sources (including on this site) that 1uzs like a bit of intake length.

IE if you put the pod directly on the end of the TB it will not make the same power and torque as it would with a decent length intake pipe(This testing was done on a dyno BTW)

For that reason i made mine quite long, that may have contributed to my higher than average dyno readings

awesome thanks for that info ill search the site and see what i can find ill get something bent up tomorrow cheers

nice mate. im putting a 1uz into my series 3 rx7. its going to be a little different lol im going for 800 hp. your car looks mint nice lines looks like a dam good body on it. well done must feel good to drive it

Would a rear sump like the Soarer would bolt on? Looks like a lot of room for a root.

rear sump would hit the steering arm in the factory setup, but if you converted it to a rack and pinion setup that goes in front of the cross member you could fit a rear sump in as well as upgrade from the crappy steering box and get more room to make your headers (steering box is in the way of the headers)

nice mate. im putting a 1uz into my series 3 rx7. its going to be a little different lol im going for 800 hp. your car looks mint nice lines looks like a dam good body on it. well done must feel good to drive it
cheers man its nice to drive, i was lucky to pick this car up with the body work done 4 years ago, good luck in your project sounds mean

The correct way to connect the rad hoses is have the thermostat housing going to the bottom of the radiator and the straight one going to the top tank. Celos23 is running a crossflow radiator so while it is not ideal it should still work OK . Vertical flow radios the correct connection is very important. Cheers

he made the sump himself - see post #21
the sump mounts and drive shaft loop were made by corrie at downtown auto wreckers good work and a good price to 034770165 if any one considering the conversion he has a 1uz in a s13 silvia which goes well

The correct way to connect the rad hoses is have the thermostat housing going to the bottom of the radiator and the straight one going to the top tank. Celos23 is running a crossflow radiator so while it is not ideal it should still work OK . Vertical flow radios the correct connection is very important. Cheers

cheers noticed it but to late :) engine temp never goes above 84 degrees

4 sale

trade me auction number #156004125

looking to move to au reluctant sale its certed for twin turbos to