1uz power problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

uza80

hey guys, fitted a 1uzfe into my jza80 recently and have had some issues but finally had her running right today or so i thought untill on a road test when i got to operating temp it started to misfire under load, feels like an ignition problem, has new dizzy rotors, caps and plugs car is currently at my workshop and i will verify if its a heat related issure tomorrow, a friend of mine said his mates 1uz in a hilux has developed a similar issue. there is no codes and has left me stumped. any ideas or common issues?

Did u do leads
I would do them way before caps and rotors
Did u get diagnostic plug wired up
If so plug a scanner onto it and read live data
They aren't that complicated if it's running can't be too much wrong

didnt do leads as they all tested resistances within spec. i was trying to remember where the diagnostic plug is on the supra will have another look tomorrow morning. ill try get some data out of it to locate an issue

well tats a good enough excuse
if its a slight miss its usually leads
if its a major miss its something more serious
did it get wired up correctly
if u can get it to miss then quickly turn it off and pull plugs out
see if u can see an abnormal colour plug compared to other
measuring leads is ok but they can still break down under load
anyway its prob not leads and something wrong with air flow or wiring

yeah it was wired up the same as another persons conversion, its a pretty significant miss. i have heard about the capacitors in the ecu leaking. i know this makes alarm modules on wrx play funny games so im going to pull it out and apart tomorrow morning to have a look

also the other car that is wired up is that the car that has miss too
if u want it wired properly give us a yell

nah the other car is a 1uz in a hilux :p cheers sideshow mate but i found the issue ends up you were right all along i let her warm up at work this morning with the bonnet up and heard the distinct noise of alot of voltage earthing out. ends up the left hand bank lead from the coil to the dizzy has a very small hole in it and when warmed up was earthing out on the rocker cover. thanks for ur input though mate