1uz into my 95 4runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thecableguy1

I've be looking and looking for info on this swap. Every body says its a pretty easy swap but i'm having a hard time finding any body who has done a good write up on it. I have a small window of about 3 months before my first baby is born and I want to make my rig more reliable. I have just some basic questions that I need answered and then I can start gathering parts. I have the motor and I know i need the front sump. I want to keep my auto trans for now so I need to know if it will bolt up with out any problems. And what radiator fits the best. Most people I talk to give very veg answers or not even get back to me. If and when I do this swap I will do a very good write up on it so as to make it easier for others to help speed up this process. Any and all information is greatly appreciated and will pasted on to our fellow toyotaers. Thanks every body for your help. [/B]

Big Thanks

Thanks so much man I have been on the computer for to long past couple of weeks trying to find this info. You did a really nice job on the motor mounts, were did you get the urethane bushing at? I liked your design i thing I will work that angle. Is ok to email you every once and a while just to pick your brain a little. Again thanks so much for your help.:D

Nice work on the truck! All of the toyota truck 1uz swaps I've seen use a mounting setup similar yours. I've tried to explain this to several people on the phone and they never understand. Good job on the writeup!

Most people who do this conversion go with a manual g/box, but I wanted an auto. If you use the auto from the original vehicle, you may have problems getting the engine ECU to work properly. The 1UZ ECU controls both the motor and the transmission, but for that to work, the transmission must be electronic. The 4 Runners in Australia have the older style transmission.

I have a write up on 4WD Action which gives you a detailed description of the Auto conversion using a Surf Transfer case. The 4 Runner Transfer will not bolt up to the 1UZ auto. This is the link. http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=51485

the ecu dosen't care if there's no auto behind it. It works fine..... you should do some research.....

True,
sorry bad explanation. Getting the transmission to change properly is apparantly the difficult part. There have been several attemts over here by people trying to get the auto from a 4 Runner to mate up to the 1UZ and all have had difficulties. It would obviously be physically the easier option as you would then have no problems using the existing transfer case, but you will have problems with mating up the bellhousing and input shafts, the torque convertor on the 4 Rnner is not suitable and there may even be ratio issues.

In truth there haven't been many Hilux/Runner conversions using an auto, but I think Sideshow would agree that the wiring is a lot more simple if you use the 1UZ transmission over the 4 Runner, but by all means use whatever you like. It's a free world.
Ric

hat's off to every body

Thanks guys I found a donor car for 500$ just has front end damage. I will be getting that this weekend. I will prob keep trans and all electrical stuff. You guys have been a big help in so many ways. I will look up that site were u got ur mounts from. does the lex trans work with my transfer case?

Thanks guys I found a donor car for 500$ just has front end damage. I will be getting that this weekend. I will prob keep trans and all electrical stuff. You guys have been a big help in so many ways. I will look up that site were u got ur mounts from. does the lex trans work with my transfer case?

No, it doesn't. You would need to get hold of a tranfer case from an early to mid 90s Surf. This will bolt straight up after you cut the output shaft of the transmission. You also need to alter the speed sensor on that output shaft, as per my write up on the 4WD action forum. It really was quite a simple job.
Ric