1UZ into FD RX7 (4th Gen, Series 4 )

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

adarmo

Hi guys I'm trying to find out any info about this swap.

I have searched on here (and google) and seen that Hiper had one that Gloverman worked on but all the old links are dead.

I also saw Gloverman say he was working on others but I can't find any threads.

Also a couple of 'Starter' threads that never got anywhere.

I have seen the Series 1 and 3 builds but can't find anything for the Series 4 has anyone got any links / pics

The old V8 RX7 Forum seems to be dead too.

Thanks

This is where is gets confusing, everyone seems to call them something different.

In Europe we only had Series 1,2 and 3.

The one I'm interested in is the 93-98 the pretty swooping one.

That link looks like a series 2 FC (I think its hard to tell)

Have you done any later cars ?

I just want to check it fits as I know the LS1 can be a squeeze and the 1UZ is larger.

This is what we call a Series 4 ( series 5 is the same shape ) Which is the FC chassis cars.

Are you wanting to know about the FD chassis which we refer to as series 6 ,7 and 8.

Cheers

Attachments

• latest jan 2010 002.jpg
    latest jan 2010 002.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 52
  • latest jan 2010 003.jpg
    latest jan 2010 003.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 31
  • latest jan 2010 004.jpg
    latest jan 2010 004.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 32
At least I know its possible then.

Can you remember if they had standard bonnets ?

It seems that the LS1 just fits under the bonnet but from what I've seen the 1UZ appears to be 3" higher and I don't really fancy a 3" bulge nor spending the £3000 extra for an LS1.

I've googled loads but I can't find a single FD with a 1UZ they all seem to be FC's

Thanks

hi mate,where in the uk are you,i'm in west yorkshire,nice to see another rx7 fan dumping the rotor motor and going v8,i have an fc with a 318 mopar v8 but i'm planning on a lexus swap. when you get it finished be sure to go to york dragstrip with it. the v8 rx7 forum is now called NoRotors.com ,took me about two years to find out where it had gone,you will find out why when you go on it.

Hi,

Birmingham, I have a donor Soarer and a complete RX7 less the engine and box and I can see it's going to be very tight on width and require a 3"ish bonnet bulge.

Hi there, I have one of the unfinished projects on here...I hope to be getting back to it shortly. The height will be the issue from what I recall. The soarer 1uzfe has the sump at the rear and from what I remember will be the best option for an fd swap (best chance for clearance with steering rack). When ever I get a chance to test fit I'll post a few a few pics. I agree with you though, its difficult to find info on this swap. Intake mods and sump mods may be required to run a std bonnet. The FD scoop bonnets may also be an option. I'll be keeping an eye on this too! Good luck with it