TT 1UZ powered FC RX7

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

speedlab

Hi Guys,

I'm new on the forum, but my dad has been here for a while. I'm having my first dabble with a toyota motor, and he suggested giving this site a look at!

I bought an '86 FC RX7 with no motor from my neighbour. It has sat for 10 years and is in good shape, and I picked it up for a good price.

I have always loved the FC - I owned a 13b one when I was younger.

This was kind of a whim purchase.

After umm'ing and ahhh'ing about what to put in the car (went from 13b to 20b to dirty old 350 chev to LSx) we decided on the 1UZFE

I picked up a W58 box.... Now this has always been in the back of my mind that this is going to be the weak part. I want this car to beat on, so that just wouldnt do.

I have been measuring up off of one of my dads 1UZ's, and shopping around for one of my own.

Last week I was talking to my dad, and we were discussing the gearbox. We decided we needed an R154. I opened up craigslist, and as luck would have it there was one there for a good price. The next day the deal was done, and the R154 is sitting in my shed.

Still no motor.

I have been watching ebay and craigslist for motors, but nothing really jumped out at me until Saturday.

I opened up craigslist... searched for LS400 - nothing. Searched for SC400, and there it was... a 1992 (strong bottom end) Lexus SC400 that has had a shunt in the rear and a bent hood, for a fair price. An hour later the deal was done, and the car will be at my shop tomorrow.

So what do I have planned?

This baby is going TT. Should liven the FC right up.

Anyway, stay tuned, as I will post progress. I'll warn you now though... this is a hobby, and I work at a hobby pace!

FC go really well with a twin turbo lexus in it. SC motor fit in nicely with the sump looking like it was made for the job. Did you get a remote shift R154? Good luck with the build. Cheers

Yes rear sump is the best. I have some photos on here on the convertable we worked on. 247rwkw and 1010nm torque on twin TD04 subaru turbos at 8psi. It was nuts. Cheers

For anyone who is interested....

Car is now going to be single turbo. Makes more sense.
R154 tranny is now bolted to the motor :)
Mounts should be finished in the next couple of days.
Megasquirt ECU is sitting on my desk waiting to be assembled.

Project is coming along nicely. I think once the motor and trans are sitting in place I will be putting it away for a little bit and doing some bodywork on my skyline.

293639_10150356317346195_643121194_10153230_1445737666_n.jpg

For anyone who is interested....

Car is now going to be single turbo. Makes more sense.
R154 tranny is now bolted to the motor :)
Mounts should be finished in the next couple of days.
Megasquirt ECU is sitting on my desk waiting to be assembled.

Project is coming along nicely. I think once the motor and trans are sitting in place I will be putting it away for a little bit and doing some bodywork on my skyline.

Makes more sense why? space? cost?

I relocated the battery to the bins behind the front seats. I can fit a big single in there. Less fabrication work for the single, less cost, actually fits easier.... The more I read, the more 1 single made sense.