1UZ powered car up for one of Oz's biggest modified car awards!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FoPar

well guys, somehow we got nominated for one of Australia's major awards, the 2011 Street Machine of the Year. we are flattered to be up for the award especially as this is usually dominated by Elite Showcars, not street cars especially cars with Jap engines and DOHC, this is totally dominated by US/Aus pushrod motors ;) no chance of winning, but, hopefully we can get a little support from the Toyota/Lexus community we can make a good showing. here is a link to the site, there is also a link on the site to Street Machine story on the car

http://smoty.com.au/comps/smoty2011/viewmachine.aspx?Code=MI10

tumblr_ll0mu4tnKe1qk2jmoo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
NOT old.. Like a GOOD wine...
They get better !!!

Well done... You guys deserve it..

thanks mate.

to quote on of my favourite tv shows growing up as a child

''Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.'' :p

I just like retro cars...
Yea I'm a Ford guy over G.M ..
BUT any GOOD retro or well made modified car I
really appreciate the tech side..
Another thing you DON'T know how hard it is until you've
had a go at it "yourself".. Now that I have I appreciate
them more whatever brand...
The only mods to cars I can't seem to appreciate is the jacker cars !!!
I just cannot see the point... I guess I'm just the wrong nationality Lol...

Na It's a V8 .. If it was a rotor ????

Congratulations guys! As already said, definitely a well deserved achievement. I'm sure Joe must have one heck of a swell head after hearing the news? Haha. Even if you guys arn't lucky enough to take out the prize, it is an honour just being featured in such a magazine let alone nominated for such a prestigious award.

Best of luck. You've got my vote!

Congratulations guys! As already said, definitely a well deserved achievement. I'm sure Joe must have one heck of a swell head after hearing the news? Haha. Even if you guys arn't lucky enough to take out the prize, it is an honour just being featured in such a magazine let alone nominated for such a prestigious award.

Best of luck. You've got my vote!

:p thanx mate. your 100% right we never in a million years, thought it would be up for SMOTY, its a street car plus its a DOHC Jap engine, the times they are a changing. i'd almost say its probably one of the first Toyota/Lexus powered cars in the mags 30year history to be nominated :p

I just like retro cars...
Yea I'm a Ford guy over G.M ..
BUT any GOOD retro or well made modified car I
really appreciate the tech side..
Another thing you DON'T know how hard it is until you've
had a go at it "yourself".. Now that I have I appreciate
them more whatever brand...
The only mods to cars I can't seem to appreciate is the jacker cars !!!
I just cannot see the point... I guess I'm just the wrong nationality Lol...

Na It's a V8 .. If it was a rotor ????

if it goes fast and looks good i don't care what it is :p

ur right it was a damn big struggle, u can just tell by the engine bay in the capri, none of that came easy :D

Didn't realize how powerful that 1uz is that you built.
Great job!

Very cool that you got nominated and great luck...

that said that 59 Cadillac is just over the top wild.

thanks, yeah she is pumping out close to 1200hp @ the engine on 30psi.

it's up against some crazy elite cars, we just hope people appreciate the street appeal aspect and vote for it. it's quick, street driven and most of all complies with all of Australia's strict registration modification rules and still runs a low 8.

hey guys, trying to score a few last minute votes for the Capri. voting ends 10am October 18th. you can vote online at http://www.smoty.com.au/comps/smoty2011/viewmachine.aspx?Code=MI10 or if u live in Australia you can text CAPRI to 19955803 ( however the text costs 55c so ask the missus or hubby before voting that way, or if ur looking at a way to get back at someone, giving them a big phone bill is always a good way :p)

we took the car out the weekend before last and had some fun cruising around. here's one of the cruise sessions at the Supernats a couple weeks ago, cruising around Eastern Creek, we went out 5 or 6 times, got a good 40+ laps of the creek on Saturday, rained on Sunday so the event was called off. had a set of Toyo 295's on the back, they couldn't handle the punishing 200+km/h powerskids. the brakes, turbo covers and tyres barely survived the weekend ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkGOk-gKvRw

here's the Capri and a few other mates having a couple races in the off-street racing.
if the sound coming out of the RX7 sounds familiar, it's because it is a 1JZ with a 67mm turbo, stock as a rock engine makes 450rwhp 25psi. the owner and my other brother did the conversion a year or so back, was only tuned the friday before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rHwn4QNZA

sexy pic n pose of the owner added to entice people to vote :p
smshoot003.jpg]image