Standalone ECU 1UZ suddenly feels underpowered, but everything seems ok?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GLOB

I have a 1UZ with a w58 running on MS2 and EDIS 8 for ignition. It was running fine for a good while and recently it has become very sluggish. It seems generally slow to rev, but otherwise it drives fine. AFR's, ignition timing, mechanical timing, TPS etc all seem to check out fine. I re did the timing belt, made sure that EDIS isn't in limp mode at 10 BTDC and it seems like its putting out a pretty strong spark. Other than that, it used to easily rip loose in 1st gear and now it doesn't get anywhere near that and I can't seem to find any major changes I've made in tunerstudio. Engine runs and idles smooth, nothing seems to show anything is wrong.

Basically, the 1UZ is suddenly slow and nothing seems to show why.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Way late to the party. I'm over in Panama City, and running a MS3.

Anyway, are both coils functioning? With one coil out, the engine will still be super smooth, but it will be very sluggish.

I would assume so? I checked for spark from every wire a while back and everything seemed fine.

I took a long hiatus from the project for a bit but I'm cleaning up a lot of my sketchy work from before, so maybe the problem will be gone after everything is nice and tidy?

.....probably not, but I'll try my best to keep this thread updated for the 2-3 other people dealing with the same thing...

spark wise, you didn't check it properly
Either run a generic plug under decent pressure, or , for test under ambient pressure, setup a gap of some 17mm. That would force ignition system to generate higher voltage. That's when faulty coils stop working.

Faulty coils usually show up as jerky acceleration. If the acceleration is slow but even, try searching somewhere else

maybe the picture below would help you a bit
that's my coil test unit
it has two gaps, 6mm and 17mm
The small gap tests for the presence of spark at all, while the 17mm one tests the ability to generate the maximum voltage that's needed at WOT

That tool should be used creatively, with some knowledge of other typical ignition system faults. For example, you can put the high tension wire under test near grounded surface, so that if it has leaks (less than perfect insulation) it would not be able to pass the high voltage to the gap and you won't see the spark

It's also worth to mentoin this unit tests everything but plugs.
cff8428s-960.jpg